Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Deciding on a barrel

LilSavage

Registered Owner
Jul 31, 2008
S****horpe
Hi im fairy new to paintball, i have a second hand 03 Shocker im currently using a freak barrel with a 693 insert, the balls are fairly accurate but not as accurate as my mates shocker with a dye barrel, im just wondering if it would be worth buying an all american barrel as i understand there bore size is 689 or just buying a smaller sized insert, thanks in advance!

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
why spend £40 odd on an all american that will do the same job (but be less customisable to pait sizes) as a £3 intert? ;)

buy a few more inserts and then check the fit of your balls inside them (no pun intended :p) .. you want a tightish fit that you can blow out but with no effort.

Hope it helps :)

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to paintball :D

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Keep an eye on the classifieds or post up a wanted thread.

Apparently the technonerds reckon that a balls accuracy is mainly affected by the first 6" of travel in the barrel, so your insert fit is most crucial for accuracy. :)

ioufx

:)
Apr 17, 2008
Walsall, UK
im pretty sure you can get boremaster kits for around £50 new, cheaper second hand :)

Its all about the bore my friend, and suiting the bore freak insert to the ball

As easy as pie :)

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
I'd look for people selling off single inserts on here if i were you. To be honest .693 is the largest bore you will need because paint is much smaller than it used to be.
I'd go for a .687 insert and see how you get on if I were you. Definitely don't buy another barrel, the freak system will do you fine.