Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Axe mini review and short shooting video :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Dusty are the parts interchangeable with the mini ie the tool less bolt removal system fit in the existing mini body or the fore grip and board swappable?

cheers
The new ASA is retrofittable but none of the other parts. Not sure about the board but the foregrip is bigger I believe.

G

Gassy

I have seen a review thats says the mini boards ,stock and aftermarket just drop straight in.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Got to say guys, the Redskins used the Empire Axe for the first time yesterday at the Formula 5's in Colchester. We had 11 Brand New Guns out the box and had zero issues with these, I think that myself and one other did break a ball, which I dont think was too bad as we did 18 boxes of paint.

This gun is truely Awesome and can keep up with markers that are 3 times as much.

Grab a bargain and shoot an Axe !!!!

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Grab a bargain and shoot an Axe !!!!

I've been a long time advocate of the invert Mini, and have gone on record many times as saying that there is no need for a gun at £1000 (with limited notable exceptions ie special editions)

This gun (with a free loader at www.anarkypaintball.com/shop ;) ) will cost you £418.

You could buy a very substantial amount of paint with another £500 which you could also spend on a different gun.

What you've got to ask is, what's going to make you a better player? A Dyeclipslong supershooter or a does what it says on the tin, very competitive little shooter + 20 boxes of paint?

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Dusty,

I have to say that I agree with you mate. Up until recently we were Angel Sponsored for 6 odd years and the whole team loved them, me included. When the recent deal came up from Empire and Kee, we were all a little worried as to weather these guns could cut it, but should never have worried. These guns are really really good.

Cant wait to use it again - Also need to look at "Blinging" it up !!!!!

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Aftermarket mini boards are compatible with the Axe - provided it's just the bit of board that sits in the front grip so the Virtue Redefined Mini board will fit fine). However the eye board that sits horizontally isn't the same, with the Axe board being longer to accomodate the microswitch (the Mini has a hall effect sensor a la AGD E-Mag).

Also need to bear in mind that if you get a board with a screen like the Virtue OLED, the supplied front grip panel won't fit as the front grip is sized differently. It is possible to swap the Axe front grip for a Mini front grip.

Dusty

May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Aftermarket mini boards are compatible with the Axe - provided it's just the bit of board that sits in the front grip so the Virtue Redefined Mini board will fit fine). However the eye board that sits horizontally isn't the same, with the Axe board being longer to accomodate the microswitch (the Mini has a hall effect sensor a la AGD E-Mag).

Also need to bear in mind that if you get a board with a screen like the Virtue OLED, the supplied front grip panel won't fit as the front grip is sized differently. It is possible to swap the Axe front grip for a Mini front grip.
Cheers for clearing that up :) :first:

Now, I see no need to fit an aftermarket board UNLESS you like changing your settings without taking the cover off the grip. Or you like to cheat. The stock boards seem to have a good eye logic, mine never gave me any trouble in the Mini. Even the difference between a microswitch and break beam trigger is minimal now the ROF is mostly capped at 10.5 or whatever :tsk:

Personally, I got my last Angel, set it up for millenniums and the only setting I changed after that was the ROF to keep in line with the roolz....