Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

evil lpr...

mr15bps

Bah!!
Nov 5, 2002
UK-cambs
www.irritantpaintball.com
right guys i heard somewhere that you do not need the spring in the front cap to return the valve if you are using the evil respirator.. is this true as on the evil website it mentiond that you have to cut down the spring .. but someone told me that it should still work without cutting the spring .. any ideas???

QuackingPlums

Go get a wee-mee!
Oct 30, 2002
Docklands, London
Visit site
Depends on your valve.

The Evil valve has a small spring in it, and a spacer for if you're using it without the Respirator.

The ND valves have an internal spring, which means u can ditch the large valve-chamber one.

Either way, no more "twanging" when you fire it fast! :D:D:D

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
If you use an Evil LPR and a stock valve then you either need to cut down the stock spring, or just run it without a spring - sounds unlikely, but many people do it without problem. When the gun is pressurized, the air pressure keeps the valve closed, so the spring just keeps the valve stem in place when it is degassed. And it won't come out easily even then becuase the o-ring holds it reasonably tightly.

Like QP said, the Evil valve comes with a new spring, which is shorter, and a plastic spacer in case you are using it without the Respirator; the ND valve doesn't need a spring at all because it has its own internal spring.

Rabies

Trogdor!
Jul 1, 2002
London, UK
Probably... to find out, take off the front cap and remove the spring. Hold the marker nose down and shake it. If the valve doesn't fall out, then you can probably safely leave the spring out.

Get an Evil Valve...........

The 2 cost wise work out to a nice even figure! And I have heard that because the Respirator has such a low volume it needs a much higher flow to avoid shoot down etc over springs, this you wont get as well with a stock valve!

and no rabies, I havent had a chance to get mine up and running yet :(