Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP World Cup 2013

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
So as most of you probably know, it's happening October 17-20 this year.
I started looking into costs for it.
For 6 people, to go and get a hotel, flight, entry to the Div-4 Race-to-2 series, and around 20 boxes of paint, the cost would work out to be between £650-£700 each. (plus spending money on new gear and food etc.)
I've talked to my team and they won't have the money-which is more than fair enough.

Would anybody be interested on putting together a mock-up Brit team and heading out there? it's a once in a lifetime experience.

Reactions: odins-sidekick

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
BTW This would include a week's all accommodation costs.
Dates: Leaving Tuesday October 15-Tuesday October 22

Relentless

Jan 27, 2013
Don't forget on top of that you'll need car hire, the site isn't within walking distance from anything.
You'll also need to factor in a couple of practice sessions to learn the field.

It'll be worth looking at renting a house if theres half a dozen of you. It works out much cheaper than hotels.
As a guide, 9/10 nights in a 5/6 bedroom house, pool, hot tub, games room etc usually works out around £100 PP when we go.

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
100 each for a week or 100 per night each?
And the car hire is a factor i've taken in.You can get a Large Family 4x4 for £120 for the week, so it'd be about another 20 each.

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
The major cost is flights to the USA. I used to go there every year, and it was easy to get flights around the £350 or less mark.

Now, the prices have gone through the roof.

Last edited:

emisnug

"I am Become Death, squeegier of Worlds"
Oct 10, 2011
Middle of bloody Nowhere
If I get a proper job after graduation, I'd be up for doing a damn rigorous training schedule and going back to the homeland :)

How does Div 4 compare to CPPS divisions, I wonder?

shootinropez

Sep 6, 2012
Kent
Love Me Sexy Well, i used expedia and they gave me a quote of £477 per person for a flight and a hotel to Orlando. That included a full kitchen in the rooms for us which means we'd save a lot of money on food

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
That's not bad. And you are right, cooking at home will save you money.

That said, eating out is cheap enough, and you can probably afford to go out at least once for a steak dinner.

And I would also recommend going to choppapb's World Cup Party at Sun On The Beach, Old Town - it's a World Cup tradition.