Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Taxes

Darkwerks

Oct 27, 2001
London
Visit site
get ready to cry me a river....

depends who sends it, depends who recieves it, depends if the customs blokes are in a good mood.

All seems a bit arbitary. I've had stuff arrive with no tax and then i've had stuff come with huge amounts.

The best bet seems to be- have your stuff sent to a business address, have it DHL'ed, have the sender remove the invoices and write "gift" or "warrenty replacement" on the package and hope for the best.

or just bite the bullet and buy stuff here. I't s more expensive but at least the warrenties will still be in place

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Other bit of bad news is that you have bought an air system from the US... and you won't be able to fill the tank anywhere as it is not legal for use at events and sites in the UK :(

Whatever the value is as well you will most likely have to add 17.5% (VAT) and 5% import tax. Some couriers like UPS also charge a handling fee...

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
Buying abroads a false economy to me.

You might save a bit cash, but where do you get support on what you have bought if things go wrong?

Depends what you have bought to be honest.
But for 1`k you could have an EGO, air system and a loader...

Tedthebighead

May 22, 2005
Birmingham
Visit site
thats wat im thinkin 'bout buyin...

either that or E2 factory cocker, i want somethin thats easy to maintain, yet performs well (preferably somethin high end) is the EGO the best to go 4?

Parksy

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2002
Newcastle, UK
I'll not lie to you mate. Different people will tell you different markers, depending on who they are sponsored by, or just personal preference.

Some people love Angels, some love cockers, timmys etc etc.

Once you reach a certain price point all it comes down to is personal preference really. They all perform pretty much the same, but feel a bit different from marker to marker.

I've shot loads of guns, and love my EGO, I've owned it since September last year and never had any problems with it, and maintainance is really easy.

I've owned cockers as well, and they again as long as you don't fiddle with them are very reliable!!

Same can be said for the likes of Angels as well though...

If you haven't already go out to a tourney and try a few markers out and see what you like.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
don't waste your money on a brand new gun mate, buy one off the boards here. you will find loads that have only been used a couple of times and are in as new condition, still under warranty etc, for a saving of hundreds of pounds, and most of the members on these boards are 100% trustworthy. someone can always sort you out with something!!!!

Jim