Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Can we make this happen!?

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
These things always have snowball effects. As it increases, it'll increase quicker.

MattyD, one thing i'd suggest for this case study, is instead of seeing just "how fast a silly viral page grows", you could analyse the effects of viral advertisement, showing how fast the growth accelerates. Take regular notes of how many members the page or comments has at timed intervals. You can then see how something viral may start slow, but grows at an ridiculously increasing amount!
You'll find once it hits the million mark (if it does), odds are it will increase faster than before it was at that milestone.

These things give perfect data for visual elements, line graphs or whatever to show the video's growth in popularity (I'm assuming this is for a school/college/university project?)

MattyD

Jan 19, 2011
Yeah its a research project that may be used with my dissertation next year, but yeah it hasn`t gone what I would consider "Viral" yet, but whatever happens I will have something to talk about. Of course it would be good if it did go viral, so if everyone can press share too, we can see if it has potential, I may be creating a "Like to reveal" group aswell, as they seem to work differently and have more viral potential.

dodge-gnome

Save a rock, throw an Ion
Nov 13, 2010
Gloucestershire
nahh, the "like to reveal" things are outdated now....If you want something to be viral fast, your best option is to use one of those poll things facebook uses, which everyone seems to be obsessed with right now. If you want to keep people interested, you've gotta stay on top of current viral 'trends'

MattyD

Jan 19, 2011
Hmmm, ok I`ll try think of a better one, think this one isn`t doing too great so i`ll do another without a click to reveal!