Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye Shirts & The Millennium Series

woodsta

Train hard--fight easy
Oct 12, 2001
Surrey
I'm not havin digs at anyone, but seriously calm down (mason), have you actually felt them yet??!?? The padding that you'll talking about is minimum, if a ball at 300 fps is coming at you, the bottom line is, it's gonna break, padding or no padding, the places where they are are also occupied by a bottle and marker, and on the other side it is wrapped away, so theoretically there is no padding being shown.... I dont tend to aim for the armpits anyway!!

and maybe a little comon sense in the world is maybe needed:D :D
Woody

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by woodsta
if a ball at 300 fps is coming at you, the bottom line is, it's gonna break, padding or no padding
Unless you are having your arse (shoulder) bunkered from a few inches away then the ball will be travelling at significantly less than 300fps.

I have tried the shirts on at WC and one other point about the 'padding' is that they seem to make the shirt a bit stiffer so that they stand out from your body more. This also helps to decelerate slowly any incoming ball...

When I asked friends at the WC wearing them if they though it would promote bouncers most winked or smiled :)

FAMINE

Pretty boy
Jul 10, 2001
Cambridge
www.teamapoc.co.uk
As for teams already owning these jerseys a quick question...
Is the padding sewn inside the jersey after being made, as in can u unpick the stitching of the padding and remove it permantely?

I know our animal jerseys had a thin 2mm pad on the elbows, kinda bugged me so i just unstitched it and removed them. No damage to jersey and no padding...

Easy :)

but i do see this ruling being for the worse, personally i dont see whats to get defensive about. If its padded, then take it off. If your argument is that it isnt much padding/wont stop paint breaking, whats your problem about removing it??????
Surely its not enough for protection if it wouldnt make a ball bounce ;)

If they are gonna draw the line, draw it on how much padding can be in the Jersey, and how much you can wear. Make it so the DYE jersey's padding is the limit. Those Jerseys are very comfortable to wear, and they also look great.

Also, toruney paint should be brittle enough to break on impact of that much padding. Evil Paint, and some Draxxus had no problems breaking on it.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by We had Nexus first
If they are gonna draw the line, draw it on how much padding can be in the Jersey, and how much you can wear.
They did.

They did it before the Dye 2003 shirts and that's why the Dye shirts should be illegal...

Or should we redraw the line everytime someone crosses it?

STOP. Or I shall shout STOP again... :rolleyes:

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
A couple of weeks ago, I came on here and declared I was gonna take a sabbatical and leave all this alone.
Dufftusta, called me after a day or so and told me I had better get on and answer a post that needed to be answered and I ended up gettin stuck in all the sh#t again.

So, I will reiterate, I am sorry if I pissed anybody off, that was never my intention, I just ended up getting too involved and that ain't good for either myself, my job and more importantly for me at home.
I need a long rest from all this crap !!!
Laters all