Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Forget MW2 Battlefiled Bad Company 2 is where its at!

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
I have never played FPS on PC's, but I gather it's a lot easier to aim. I actually like that you have to be somewhat skillful to aim well on the PS3. Sometimes I have a guy pop up in front of me and empty a full clip into the ground at my feet - cracks me up.
it might be easier to aim but as everyone has the same i find the game feels quicker and more realistic

and on a console you can just run round spraying and praying and most the other team cant kill you

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
medics are great, until a tank comes along, and then you're just cannon-fodder.
Medics can carry the dart to tag the tanks :)

I have never played FPS on PC's, but I gather it's a lot easier to aim. I actually like that you have to be somewhat skillful to aim well on the PS3. Sometimes I have a guy pop up in front of me and empty a full clip into the ground at my feet - cracks me up.
Its what you're used to I guess.

Squadding up is where it's at. Anyone can run&gun.
Squadding up for the win!

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
it might be easier to aim but as everyone has the same i find the game feels quicker and more realistic

and on a console you can just run round spraying and praying and most the other team cant kill you
I get you. But is it more realistic really? A modicum of skill and hand/eye co-ordination, to hit what you're aiming at, would suggest to me more realism...

I'm sure this conversation happens all the time between console and PC gamers, and as I'm relatively new, and havn't played the PC version, I'm open to both and not bothered about taking sides. I did play some games on the PC back in the day, and got the crazy 'finger-cramps' from trying to use the various keys to move my guy around. Is it still like that or did the controls get more intuitive. Thats what I like about the console controls, once you're used to it you can make your guy do whatever you want without needing an extra hand, or having to look down to make sure I'm pressing the 'crouch' button, and not the 'please shoot me while I jump up and down' button....

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I get you. But is it more realistic really? A modicum of skill and hand/eye co-ordination, to hit what you're aiming at, would suggest to me more realism...

I'm sure this conversation happens all the time between console and PC gamers, and as I'm relatively new, and havn't played the PC version, I'm open to both and not bothered about taking sides. I did play some games on the PC back in the day, and got the crazy 'finger-cramps' from trying to use the various keys to move my guy around. Is it still like that or did the controls get more intuitive. Thats what I like about the console controls, once you're used to it you can make your guy do whatever you want without needing an extra hand, or having to look down to make sure I'm pressing the 'crouch' button, and not the 'please shoot me while I jump up and down' button....
For me, console controllers are the number 1 for driving games, platform games, 3rd person shooters, sports games etc, but 1st person shooters, I much prefer using a mouse and keyboard. Its like instant aim, instead of slightly delayed aim. But saying that, you are right in that it takes skill to be real good with the controller. A skill I just dont have! :p

Plus my graphics card cost alot more than a whole PS3, I cant just let it sit there!