Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

LOL in the OED!

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
I don't really have much of an issue with LOL or lol, particularly when used in sarcasm as a repost to something that isn't 'belly roll' funny. However, what really gets me, is those forum posters who use it as a substitute for punctuation.

I.E.

I'm sealing my marker lol its in really good condition lol ...

IMHO it implies complete disrespect for the reader!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Missy-Q wouldn't be allowed in scrabble anyway if you're playing to proper rules, English is anything starting with a lower case letter in the Chambers dictionary, American is a compilation of about 5 dictionaries, none of which are the OED, excluding "offensive words". International games are a combination of the two.

I had a brief obsession with the game a while ago despite my spelling being on a par with a five year old.

Further reading on the subject - "Word Freak" by Stefan Fatsis, but be warned, if you read it you'll feel inadequate every time you play!

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Having the "Thanks" button should eliminate the need for having to devote an entire post to "lol"ing something that you found funny. You can just click thanks, rather than having to quote and lol. So that's why I like the thanks button. It saves space.

Reactions: Robbo

Scrumpy

Now with added pew pew
Dec 7, 2006
Darkest depths o Zumerzet
I once had a conversation with a customer that went a bit like this.
Me: excuse me please could I just squeeze through?
Customer: soz lol!
Me: please leave

God I miss running a shop!