Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

old school pump action

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
hi there folks

have just been given a taste of the old school woods and pumps thanks to the court jesters (the film not the team lol) an i was wondering if any of the capsule using gats are still around? th phantoms and what not. also can the old school JT masks etc still be bought?

many thanks in advances.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
The "capsules" you are talking about are normally called 12 grams. You can still order them from places like LIPS, but you'll have to phone them as they won't have them on their website.

The 12 gram changers are probably few and far between knocking around in people's attic, but you can still import the phantom (Mike from CCI is still producing them from www.phantomonline.com) and Earon Carter is most certainly still producing his line of pump markers at www.cartermachine.com.

If you're looking to buy used, i recommend www.mcarterbrown.com. Follow the links to the forum, and look in the classifieds.

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
cool thanks for the hook up, great starting point. the 12 grams are they not the same as usd on the old rat catcher air rilfes?

another quey i have is, is the paint a different caliber and what of the glass tubes?

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
cool thanks for the hook up, great starting point. the 12 grams are they not the same as usd on the old rat catcher air rilfes?

another quey i have is, is the paint a different caliber and what of the glass tubes?

If that particular air rifle used a 12 gram CO2 cartridge, then the chances are that they will be fine in a changer :)

Certain older pumps are different calibers, but I don't know of any (aside from the cheap plastic plug and play argos specials) markers in production that use different bores of paint. Phantoms, Carters, Snipers, Palmers, Splatmasters, Trracers etc. all come in standard .68 bores.

The glass tubes you're talking about are not glass, they're plastic. They are a 10 round alternative to the modern "140 pod", and pump players typically use them to load a horizontal stick feed or pocket hopper.
See my Pump Glossary, you might find more answers there.

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
yes 12 grams are used on air rifles not a different bore size standard.66 and the glass tubes are actually plastic i call them test tubes but otherwsie known as stock tubes etc