Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pump Play

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Just thinking of some ideas to get some pump play going just wondering first of all where people enjoy playing pump ie woodland or supair fields and also what do they choose to rock stock class or open etc. Just give a few details on where and how you enjoy playing pump.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I've only ever played woodsball, but willing to give pump play a go on supair fields. At least you won't get a boxfull of paint in the face every time you break cover. I'm getting a bit tired of the spray and pray muppets at walkons TBH :rolleyes:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
I have to admit that playin Sup. sounds like fun.

Usually on ramping your pinned down waiting for a reload or a change of your oppo's aim before you can break a move, but with the crazy 2bps fire rate of pumps, i think movement should be easier and aim is going to be more important than ever. If you can just see an elbow or tip of a barrel behind a dorito, then hitting it with single shots should prove entertaining.

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Definitely sup'air. Though the variety offered in woodsball is great, the terrain isn't one ball friendly.

Sup'air pump really does let you think much more clearly about what you need to do to win the game compared to a faster flow xball game. For a new pump player (such as myself) I would have definitely preferred to start on a sup'air field as the overall divide between ramping and pump play is much clearer.

If you can just see an elbow or tip of a barrel behind a dorito, then hitting it with single shots should prove entertaining.
You'd think so, but I found it easier than ramping...

Nice thread Jack

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
You'd think so, but I found it easier than ramping...
Very true Players often dont tuck in after you fire a shot at them they dont realise that someones actually shooting at them as they are used to hearing there bunker being pummeled with paint before they pull themselves back in

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
yeah sup air defo, pure super stock class would be ace
i wouldn't mind woodsball as well. variety is always good ^^

jack_judge

Tree or not #1 Member
Mar 7, 2008
Cambridgeshire
im heading to the woods with a pump in hand me and niall_w tryed organising a little pump session if your anywhere near sabotage paintball this sunday come down us pumpers are gonna kick it old school