Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

No More NSPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
I can't see how people let this happen, best ran tourney in the uk hands down. However, it takes a brave man to sacrifice something like the nspl with a greater intention in mind. for the greater good he folded, something the masters should have done a long time ago..

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
I can't see how people let this happen, best ran tourney in the uk hands down. However, it takes a brave man to sacrifice something like the nspl with a greater intention in mind. for the greater good he folded, something the masters should have done a long time ago..
Dave Nailed it. Best tournament series in the south and with by far and away the most "event vibe", best range of facilities and it folds for lack of participation. Sad news for sure.

As for the masters, well I dont think she should have ever come down south and the few events (and it was only a few to be fair) of hers I have played were gash.

Last edited:
Reactions: rocknroll

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Saucer of milk table one Dave ;)

This happening to the NSPL was inevitable. The CPPS came in and dazzled everyone, becoming what everyone wants to play. Trade turn out seems to be a big draw these days. The CPPS gets a lot of support from the trade show, whereas the other leagues don't. Can't say there's not a correlation there. (Yes the size, and organisation helps as well.) The NSPL's to costly to run without a large number of teams. Its not like the Super5ives which can get away with a much smaller number of teams. (Its based at Ambush so everything it needs is there.) Although Kitch is still not breaking even most events due to low numbers, but I doubt that will stop him. :)

Syd's not even close to where his event is held. He's got travel, accommodation, food, and a couple of days of set up which requires help, which all costs money. If he could have had the Reading site more permanent then it might have cut his costs and allowed him to run the NSPL with fewer teams.

slam

Euro, ICPL and ECPL ref.
Feb 27, 2002
North Yorkshire
To be clear syd has already stated this is more than money issues, this is about providing a decent level of service to the paying customer. Why has this been turned into a "oh it was bound to happen" thing. Syd has and probably will again run events at a loss, Syd lives for torney paintball and this is his motivation.

Exile

The Tao of Pooh
Jun 20, 2006
North London
Echowitch, you're not part of the solution - you ARE the problem. You love to live on these and other boards, sticking your nose in and sniping at the efforts that Syd and others make.

The NSPL was holding 50+ team events on three fields with amazing atmosphere YEARS before the CPPS even existed, but thanks to a bunch of whiney, no-game losers (much like yourself), we don't get those events anymore as everyone down south wants to be a "promoter" with a 10 team event and they are buoyed up and encouraged by ****wit little idiots that can't see the wood for the trees and want an event in their backyard, oblivious to the fact that these little events are what is holding UK ball back.

You need to get out of paintball, and go into local politics where you can play with all the other petty little backstabbers and game-players.

Christ, now I remember why I stopped hanging around on PB boards - all the jumped up keyboard jockeys with no ideas spouting their opinions like they even have a clue.

Reactions: mjinx76 and Dave284

BubbleGumBob

Free Style Baby!
Mar 10, 2007
Reading/Newbury
Cant really compare the NSPL to the Super 5ives, The NSPL's were far better events, and that is why the cost is higher, now the super 5ives are fun events but there not as competitive, its more of just a fun day of ball, but when it comes to faciltys, reffing and atmofear the NSPL wins hands down

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Echowitch, you're not part of the solution - you ARE the problem. You love to live on these and other boards, sticking your nose in and sniping at the efforts that Syd and others make.

The NSPL was holding 50+ team events on three fields with amazing atmosphere YEARS before the CPPS even existed, but thanks to a bunch of whiney, no-game losers (much like yourself), we don't get those events anymore as everyone down south wants to be a "promoter" with a 10 team event and they are buoyed up and encouraged by ****wit little idiots that can't see the wood for the trees and want an event in their backyard, oblivious to the fact that these little events are what is holding UK ball back.

You need to get out of paintball, and go into local politics where you can play with all the other petty little backstabbers and game-players.

Christ, now I remember why I stopped hanging around on PB boards - all the jumped up keyboard jockeys with no ideas spouting their opinions like they even have a clue.
Wow, so its all down to me is it ?? Im responsible for the CPPS being created, the Southern Masters starting back up, and people preferring to play elsewhere. I suppose I dictated that Syd run events miles away from where he is based in Devon as well ??

I started on the NSPL Koth and ended up moving to play Freekz because my team did. When I started my own team I stuck with it and then its successor the Super5ives out of loyalty. Most of the Super5ives teams are not right on Ambush's doorstep. They travel there because of the reasons Bubble mentioned above. Many of them play the CPPS and they play the Super5ives for fun. When I played NSPL Koth though I played the Reading AND Devon events. Personally I didn't like the Devon location but I thought the Reading location was great.One of the best in the UK, so its a shame to see it go.

So you are talking utter rubbish !!

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
sad to see it go in one respect, but personally i see it as a chance of one step closer to a single uk series to unify paintball in this country!

while there are too many events with poorer and poorer attandances, we will never get everyone on the same page!
CPPS has taken over as the premier event, and with this has a chance to become even better!

Status
Not open for further replies.