The Home Of European Paintball

No More NSPL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
Syds reasons for putting the nspl on hold this year is very admirable. And what he say about a national series is spot on.now how I see it we have a federation that says that its interests are in promoting a stronger uk tournament circuit. Well this can only work if the teams and players support the federation.
So my idea is this what if we had regional tournament series(nspl,cops,masters,) or maybe something new.now these regionals would lead to one national tournament with all the top teams in the regionals invited to play in the nationals.these would run to a format with fed support,industry support,payer/team support. Now a lot of you might think that what I've just written is bollocks but individually all those mentioned go on about how they have paintball at the heart of what they are doing.this would mean that teams wouldn't have to travel miles to do a quality event cutting down on costs. Tournament organisers wouldn't need to worry about date clashes. But for this to work players would need to support the federation by means of subs in the form of insurance,registration and a commitment to only sanctioned events. This I feel would change the face of British no sorry UK paintball.
Now I've not mentioned industry in this yet so here goes we as players support the industry by obvious means.so the commitment from industry should be in the form of tech support at all events plus possibly trade stands. Paint team deals.
Also maybe a federation with more power could approach the likes of big recreational paintball companies to run woodland/concept field inter-site tournaments and in so move them on to regular tournaments(new blood).

Now this is my idea of progressing UK paintball. Maybe with something like this we would then stop losing great tournaments like nspl.

Reactions: Dr Fingers

Rikk

Mar 22, 2011
Salisbury
totally agree with 'Madness' and was trying to infer that more should be done to structure the sport within the uk. That's what i thought the FED was there to do.

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
Everything madness says was tried for 2 seasons worth and yet the "fed cup" got less support from teams than an average cpps event because no one really knew what was going on, or what it meant! it failed!

in my opinion the uk is too small for more than one decent series, regional collaboration doesnt work unless its under one banner, the fact that all the events seem to run different game types, and overall rules doesnt help! The federation doesnt or isnt able to regulate uk tournies its that simple!

We all know there are some teams that would rather be big fish in small pond situations or areas, but as a competitive "sport" we all wanna know where we stand against everyone else who plays!!

The teams in the UK moan way too much about having to travel 2-3 hours for an event, when in many countries its common place!

Last edited:

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
Well that saved me a long post Essx. The FED is all about that but the players took the defensive when we suggested they needed to be UKPSF members becasue it would cost them £15 each a year. What they didn't realise was that we were aware of things like the EPBF coming along and that thre would be a fee to become an affiliated member.

Of course we all suggested that this membership fee should be a a lot higher as the trade members on teh board of the FED were all paying £100 a month to help run it and giving up the prize pool for the FED cup. Which was exactly what was suggested "an
end of the season series vs series event". Personally I would have liked that event to have been Campaign but the timing wasn't good for our home grown series's that were only part way through.

I'd like to contradict the comment made earlier about other sports not having governing bodies and they grow fine. Can you name a sport you can regularly play in a semi-professional manner that doesn't have one? Apart from Snowboarding I can't.

Reactions: Biscuit

madness

i love formula 5's
Mar 27, 2006
south east london
The FED is all about that but the players took the defensive when we suggested they needed to be UKPSF members becasue it would cost them £15 each a year.
This is part of what I'm trying to say we all need to stop being so short sighted about our sport.if we could play more quality regional tournaments without to much traveling then what you save in those expenses could go on membership also let's clean up on Heath and safety and give us bottle filling training with the membership(at a cost). I do remember what the fed cup was all about and I'm not trying to say we should resurrect that. What I'm saying is that the federation Could talk to and liase with the regional tournaments. Maybe in some areas there could be a few stand alone tournaments that could come together to make a regional series.
Also the members of the federation should be made up from representatives of all interested parties and some voted on by us. we have a wonderful vessel for this here (p8ntballer). This can be used for the voting, discussions, and also with its own private area they could hold meetings (just trying to keep costs down).
Some say this has been done before.maybe the timing before was wrong or it wasn't open enougth for your every day player. Maybe the timing is right now or with just the right tweaking this could work and those that were involved could try it again.

essx

Sep 10, 2006
Essex
Regional tournies are useless unless controlled by one body or are run by the same organisers...and the seperations have already happened in the current tournie organisers....and I can't see those ever gelling back together.

I just don't see the fed ever controlling the scene....so it means the teams have to by focusing on the best series

Reactions: mjinx76

mjinx76

Jun 6, 2006
from a complete outsider i havent played or reffed for a couple seasons now and just want to say this :

the regional thing may work but again organisers have to be friends with one another not competitors or it will never work oh guess what most organisers are competitors so thats out the window.

national tourney again may work if say for instance the governing body for that tourney and its subsidieries was run by one body with people like syd and spike and some others running those smaller tourneys and all the funding and proceeds going into one pot but some how i dont see that happening either,
i have been around the sport since running around in temple in surrey falling over tubed fields and helping hatts and gillie up rodbaston i love the game but were going nowhere slowely in the uk the technology moves on but the infrastruture doesn't .

we have thousands of players in the uk and thousands on these forums yet i pop in to poke my nose in and only see less than a dozen people with an opinion because most ballers just wanna buy shiny things and go to there nearest tourney full stop probably 10% and that being generous aspire for anything other than that the other 90% just want bang for there buck in there back yard

sorry if this is a bit muddled but so am i lol

very saddened by syd's news also

regards

jinxy

Broken Arrow

LONDON IMPACT
Jan 4, 2004
KENT
Dave Nailed it. Best tournament series in the south and with by far and away the most "event vibe", best range of facilities and it folds for lack of participation. Sad news for sure.

As for the masters, well I dont think she should have ever come down south and the few events (and it was only a few to be fair) of hers I have played were gash.
well we as a team have played both and we think that the masters is run better and if it wasn't for the masters there wouldn't be any tournaments in the south.

By the way SHE has a name and her name is WENDY so why dont you show some RESPECT

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Sorry but if this was the best run tournament then why did it fold ? We had played the series for years and years and then teams dropped off the radar with other tournaments starting up which is their choice.....Not only that there is NO customer service what so ever hence why we stopped playing it 2 years ago and it was clear as day that it was purely run to fund the entrance for Entitys millenuim entrance fees and that's it, On more than one occasion you were not even thanked when you handed over the entrance fee !. We are no commited to the UK Masters which most of you slag off and say "oh thats crap, poorly run blah blah blah" BUT i have reffed and have played against most of you !! so stop being sheep and grow a pair.

To fold a whole series despite having the following of 22 teams really ! I dont wish for any series to fold but at the end of the day teams will go where they like and its their choice to go there at the end of the day every organiser is in it to make money end off and if you think that's not the case then wake up !!!

People are for to quick to post up there opinions before opening there mouth but this thread and posts have really got my goat ! This is a loss of a series yet once again its been completly turned around and turned into a slag*ing match about whos better, Sorry syd but this is my opinion wish that the NSPL was as strong as it used to be.

Good luck for the future.....

Look forward to the sheep saying how much of a kn*b i am so bring it on !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bruce and madness

Rmac1990

Inverness ICE PMGWC #25
May 4, 2011
Inverness/ Fareham
we have thousands of players in the uk and thousands on these forums yet i pop in to poke my nose in and only see less than a dozen people with an opinion because most ballers just wanna buy shiny things and go to there nearest tourney full stop probably 10% and that being generous aspire for anything other than that the other 90% just want bang for there buck in there back yard
Or maybe most of us are not keyboard warriors spending our days surfing a forum waiting for a slagging match and mounting our high horse?. I'm personally Keeping out of the politics...

That could be a reason for some of us, or I could be wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.