Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What's the Most important ...

Micah

What do you guys think is themost important trait in a front player?

Like if a player could break to the 50 every time and stay alive until he was bunkerd but he doesn't shoot out many players but still cause trouble/confusion for the other team ...

Or a player thats good at shooting players out but has trouble staying in the game and/or communicating with the rest of his team ...

Basically I'm asking what's the one most important trait of a front player? Obviously the more well rounded of a player the better ...

-Micah

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Its gotta be playing tight so that he stays in the game for as long as possible. That doesnt mean playing defensively..
A front players job is to take out as many players as he can, using skill and teamwork. He also has to help out his teammates to do the same.
He cant do this from the dead box..

Tom

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
The most important trait is for a guy to know his job and for a front guy thats to punch a hole in the game, its a good skill to be able to get in tight and start snap-shooting but the best front player will always be thinking of his next move (this is usually why the best 1on1 players make the best front players).:)

GoatBoy

Come to Goatboy ladies...
Sep 26, 2001
West Sussex
Visit site
It's tough to name one trait which is more important than the others. There are some many things that combine to make a good front player.

But for my money ( and I'm in no way what you would call experienced :( ) timing seems to what makes a great front player stand out from the crowd.

Knowing when to move and where, seems to be the key to busting open a game and bringing a win that much closer to realisation.

Micah

Goatboy - I'm in total agreement with you but I don't know of a way to teach myself or the other guys on my team timing.

So I was looking for one main thing to focus on in practice. So far the main thing I have us work on is pinching players out of their cover as aposed to trying to win a snap shooting match. sure we work on it a little in the begging of the day. But let's face it, we're lazy teenagers so we end up just putting in as many games as we can. So I give my team things to focus on while we're playing ...

-Micah

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Famine

Originally posted by cjohns
Jamie--I think you need to learn how to play the game before you start giving advice. Don't you think?
:D
Hey CJ,
that particular problem never seems to bother a lot of people who post here :)

Robbo