The Home Of European Paintball

What's the Most important ...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Originally posted by Micah
But if only qualified people could post here I think it would be just you Robbo ... and what fun would that be?

So what would yo say Robbo? Stay tight and snap shoot?

-Micah
Micah,
the original question posed by yourself was,
'What do you guys think is the most important trait in a front player' ?
If I had to choose one then it would most certainly have to be that of playing tight.
After all, up front you are more vulnerable than others and therefore have to pay more attention to staying in the game.
People may suggest timing, but think of this for a second, your timing may be perfect but if your ass is hanging out, what's the frikkin point ?
Come to think of it, no matter what position you are on the field, playing tight is the number one pre-requisite for concern.
Any other suggestion is bull**** !!
But then again, this is what I have been saying for the last eleven years or so in PGI, so you shouldn't be too surprised at my answer.
I didn't intend for my original response in this thread to appear facetious but as you took it as such, I will explain, there are many opinions on this board, of which mine is only one.
I was only having a dig some people who make out as though they know this game and in fact, have only been playing a matter of months.
Some others may have played for a few years but their experience at the top end is nil and they have spent most of their time rec-balling or minor leaguing.
Those are the peeps I was having a pop at Micah, and then it was only a jokey pop, nothing to get too out of shape over !
So Micah, have a good new year and peace to all (except of course my two Jersey friends)
Robbo

Micah

Robbo- I really appreciate your opinions and I don't want you to think I was getting upset over your little "jokey pop" I was just taking a little shot myself at your paintball godliness. And as no one else on this board (to my knowledge) even comes close to your level of experience. There for if only the most experienced were allowed to give advise, well, it would only be you Robbo. And you would be quite overwhelmed. It's flawed logic I know. But it was late and I was tired.

So Robbo, I hope you have a wonderful new year. And I look forward to another wonderful year of PGI.

-Micah

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Back to the topic....

Up front you gotta have game. Secondary to this you need a special element to your game which is a lot harder to achieve, this is PRESENCE. You can learn to play good ball, if you want to that is, but you can't learn to have this strange dangerous aura about your person that makes every single member of the opposition shiznit in their pants whenever you make a key bunker. You gotta be able to play but if you have this unique ability then you're on your way baby.

* Happy New year guys and gals *

Coran

Admirer of Nick T's hair
Jul 16, 2001
East Grinny, UK!
www.bullswood.com
Staying tight, god-like timing and quality backup.

Should really share these insights with the rest of the team...
Nah! Where's the fun in that! Nothing like standing idly by on the back line and watching your front players get lit up! Bwuh hah hah!

Giles

Jul 17, 2001
Buckingham Palace
Visit site
Big hair and the need to smoke illegal substances at regular intervals
Or an insane shortness and bad breath

And then of course myself with boyish good looks and an Aura the size of Australia

Comments posted here please

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Mmmmmmmm......

......long hair, good looks, charm, awesome game and a god-like presence is all you need. Luckily we (K2) have all that in the one complete package. Me.

Al 'THE FRANCHISE' Woods

Sorry Scutty, I AM da man.

Buwahh Buwahh.