Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Action Vs Reaction

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
I know this seem a little similar to a previous thread but thought it worth discussion.

I watched a documentary on sky the other day and something made me take a step back and think for a minute. I think it was called 'how to kill a planet' or something along those line.

Anyways, in this programme they went through different ways a planet could be destroyed. One of these ways was anti matter vs matter. What the clever little people have worked out is that when the big bang happened it was a fight between matter and anti matter. They followed on with various examples one of which was anti matter either implodes or explodes matter and makes "non matter" but not anti matter, if that makes sence? According the script they have found ways to extract anti matter using a clever machine in Sweden but is really small quantitys. The guys think / know that in good quantity anti matter eats up matter. Everything we know is matter, from air and water to pairs of socks and underpants etc.

I had to have a little think about it and came to the problem of, if everything we know is matter and we dont really know what anti matter is (nothing ?), then where do we stand? Science has proven that every action has a reaction but where do we stand with the fate topic? Personally i think every person is responsible for there own by the choice (good or bad choices) that we make but with the the inclusion of anti matter is it so straight forward?

What this programme suggested to me was that we are the "existing" half of the big bang and anti matter is the "non existing"? Then could it not be said that when we die or whatever we then become anti matter which gives religion a purpose again? That we have an existence as anti matter without consciousness, or indeed 'free'.

What they said is that the reaction between matter and anti matter makes "pure radiation" whatever that is, so it puzzles me. Could an after life be that we become "pure radiator". Of course our shell brakes down and radiates bits and pieces into the soil which then become other things. Or is burnt and radiates into the air which of course goes somewhere and does something.

The part that baffles me is if we are constantly bombarded with radiation like we are, trillions of little tiny particles passing through us and everywhere around us that do us no harm or in that case build life itself then will there not be a flipside to this? Would we not become or be swept away by a different type of radiation? That radiation being some kind of afterlife?

I am sure someone with intelligence will put me right :D

Potter Loki

Mar 18, 2007
Essex
Well when antimatter and matter combine, they make photons, which is eseentially a tiny bit of light, of course as soon as anti matter contacts matter, they cancel each other out.

Though fictions Angels and Demons by Dan Brown does have some good core physics in it which does make sense and to my knowledge is reasonably sound.... :)

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
If they make light how do they can cancel each other out? Of course what does cancel each other out mean? Do they just turn to nothing or non matter? Neither matter or anti matter they become something else that we do not understand or can comprehend yet?

This is some of what puzzles me :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I think you are confusing a few things Cheiz or maybe misheard what was going on in that program.
When we look at the observable universe, we see a predominance of matter which is somewhat surprising seeing as the thinking goes, shortly after the big bang, there were presumably the same amounts of matter and antimatter and therefore why the hell do we see this asymmetry of matter over antimatter.

Of course there could be vast areas of the universe that are made up of anti matter but there is no evidence so far of this.

I think you need to understand also, that when matter collides with antimatter, the entire mass of those particles is transformed into energy (photons) described by the well known equation e = mc squared.

Just because you perceive matter as everything around you, you make the mistake of thinking anti-matter is therefore nothing; it is not nothing, it is the opposite of matter, just as a positive voltage is related to a negative one.

I'm afraid your notion of fate and the subject of anti-matter are completely unrelated, they have nothing to do with each other and people will make their choices one way or the other regardless of anything to do with the matter/anti-matter situation.

You go on to then suggest a religious link just because antimatter is what you perceive as opposite to life, I'm afraid these two are just not linked in any way that I can see, other than in your post.

We are living in a matter predominated universe and this is because all the other particles annihilated themselves and got transformed into light ...we are the leftovers if you like, that just happens to be matter as against anti-matter.

It's not a 'matter half' as you suggest leading you to believe there is an 'antimatter half' that somehow exists elsewhere, it doesn't; all the anti matter ever produced (or survived) in the universe is still here, in this self same universe, it's just that when matter and anti-matter collide, they go pop and emit light (photon energy).

You then seemingly make the mistake of believing that just because we live in a universe of predominant matter, you can then state an antimatter universe is 'not living' - this is a completely baseless statement mate and I'm sorry to say, nonsense.

As for your suggestions relating to afterlife???
Wow, I need some of what you're smoking :)

OK, FYI - Pure radiation, is merely light in this sense, photon energy is another way of putting it, and so I'm at a loss to see how you can forge a link between matter / anti-matter collisions giving rise to photon emission, and afterlife....there's just no connection Chriz, none at all mate.

As to your last paragraph?

It's a bit of a mess Chriz :)
Everything you ever see in this universe has radiation of some sort passing though it; some radiation can hurt us and the rest doesn't; some is also speculated to be the genesis of life but when you finally suggest that some of this radiation can be classed as the afterlife and then sweeping us away??
I'm not sure how to put this and I'll let you down as softly as I can with as much subtlety as I can muster...this is complete gobbledygook, absolute nonsense, sorry Chriz :)

If you have any further questions, I'd be happy to put you straight but I'll make sure I got an hour or two free one night before you call me :)
If you really are interested in being put straight, pm me and I'll call you.

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Your right it was all over all the place and i struggle to put down what runs through my funny little head into words without trying to type to much, missing which parts which i see as relevant but off topic this makes my posts alot worse then they do in my head.

The thing that triggered this was black holes, these bad boys swallow everything, nothing can escape, not even light. If these photons are light then how would any kind of radiation escape a black hole? This radiation (some of what we can not detect or do not know about / discovered yet) could be a non conciousness, like a cloud of radiation built up of 'something'. Could what some people call our soul not be radiation and an afterlife? By after life i do not mean a nice little place with clouds and 300 million virgins waiting for us etc, it could be a 'nothing' like dark matter, there is such a thing as dark matter just our top blokes dont understand it yet.

In the example i seen they used gravity around a solar system to prove its existence however they could not prove there was anything there as there was not.

Thats how i started thinking about the actions vs reactions and matter vs anti matter.

I obviously have no idea what i am talking about you are correct but sometimes i just like to told so as it puts my little mind at rest knowing i am missing nothing that may be important :D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Your right it was all over all the place and i struggle to put down what runs through my funny little head into words without trying to type to much, missing which parts which i see as relevant but off topic this makes my posts a lot worse then they do in my head.
OK, at least you know why your post sometimes headed off toward Planet Ga Ga :)

The thing that triggered this was black holes, these bad boys swallow everything, nothing can escape, not even light. If these photons are light then how would any kind of radiation escape a black hole?
It doesn't and that's exactly why it's called a black hole, if no light is reflected off of an object then it appears black.
The reason why photons (light) cannot escape the clutches of a black hole is because photons acquire a mass due to their velocity and anything that posseses mass cannot escape the gravitational pull of a black hole if it gets too close. ...well apart from Hawkinge radiation but that's another story.

This radiation (some of what we can not detect or do not know about / discovered yet) could be a non consciousness, like a cloud of radiation built up of 'something'.
It could also be also be a pink elephant exhibiting gay tendencies, sorry Chriz, this is rubbish mate, speculative goo goo.

Could what some people call our soul not be radiation and an afterlife?
No, not in a zillion years mate..and the reason why it can't?
Well, basically because your suggestion is nonsense, there is absolutely no connection between someone's consciousness (soul) and radiation leading to an afterlife ... this is just silly mate.

By after life i do not mean a nice little place with clouds and 300 million virgins waiting for us etc, it could be a 'nothing' like dark matter, there is such a thing as dark matter just our top blokes don't understand it yet.
Dark matter is speculative because it is thought we just don't have enough matter in the universe to explain some of the gravitational effects we observe and so, dark matter was speculated to exist and the reason it hasn't been obvious to us in the past is because....yeah, you guessed it....it's dark!

In the example i seen they used gravity around a solar system to prove its existence however they could not prove there was anything there as there was not.
Hmmm, I was struggling to get a hold on what you are saying here because it makes no sense but what I think you are referring to is the following; scientists are theorising that dark matter tends to be found where there is a gravitational pull, obviously galaxies produce such a pull as do solar systems such as ours.
As such, it is speculated dark matter accretes in solar systems because of the localised gravitational pull of the planets and its associated star.
This is what I think you are saying or at least trying to make sense of.

Thats how i started thinking about the actions vs reactions and matter vs anti matter.
I think it's great you have a mind that constantly bubbles with questions and ideas but it may serve you better to get a little more acquainted with the subject matter before you try tying up things like dark matter with human souls.

I obviously have no idea what i am talking about you are correct but sometimes i just like to told so as it puts my little mind at rest knowing i am missing nothing that may be important :D
OK, you shouldn't be missing too much now but as I say, read up a bit more before you unleash that mind of yours on an unsuspecting world again.
Good luck!

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Cheers for the reply Robbo it was just interesting to me so i ran away with the idea.

Bon they use a very long tunnel type thing to 'make' it, your right like it does cost a real fortune however in the example they showed an explosion using the TNT equivalent in blast or whatever its called (so many ton bomb or something). To make 1 anti matter particle they have to use millions of matter particles and go through a massive amount of energy. Its very very hard to cut a long story short and it can only be harnessed using powerful magnets in a vacuum. The example said a few microns is all that has ever been produced and this was the equivalent or X amount of tnt. The blast itself was probs enough to bring a house down and that would equal a tiny tiny minute equivalent in anti matter (less in weight then we can really understand). The problem they had was blowing up what they wanted as it reacts with air and explodes or implodes or does whatever.

I guess this is where i have become confused on some parts then just ran away with crazy ideas making something out of nothing lol!

It was however very interesting, there is also a thing on sky called Universe that was superb to watch, its just a shame that things cannot be explained totally without just theory or ideas. I am just nosey and like to know the ins and outs of everything especially if its a matter of fact :D

Robbo your welcome to smoke 'magic tabs' (or 'magic cigs' as i would guess you call them down there) with me any time you like mate lol :D

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
"Star Trek" has the answer to everything relating to matter and antimatter.

And anything else, for that matter.

When they come across something that is difficult to explain, or impossible, they just insert a line of b.l.sh.t dialogue.

It's an easy fix.

:)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
"Star Trek" has the answer to everything relating to matter and antimatter.

When they come across something that is difficult to explain, or impossible, they just insert a line of b.l.sh.t dialogue.

It's an easy fix.

:)
I never realised nick brockdorrf was one of their script writers ????