Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

All good things come to pass!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
About a year ago, I had had enough of certain people I was having to work with whilst doing my job as chairman of the board and I talked to Ledz and a few others about chucking it in because I got better things to do in my life than deal with people who in my opinion, were fundamentally deceitful and hell-bent on screwing as much money as they could out of the Brit baller.

I was persuaded not to leave probably because nobody else wanted to fill the position if I left but I’d like to think it had something to do with the fact they believed I was the man for the job ...whatever !

I have now gotten to the point where other things in my life have come into focus and I can’t really apply myself to the position anymore.
It sadness me for sure because I genuinely loved working alongside some of the people we had on that board but I think there comes a time when circumstances conspire to allow me to see things in a different light.
Now before certain people run around like little girls suggesting I have been leveraged out, asked to go or whatever ... I told all the board members a few hours ago what I intended to do, not one of them had any idea of what was coming.

Not one person on that board had suggested or even hinted I was to go in any form whatsoever .. this point is extremely important to me for obvious reasons and I can easily swear on my children that my departure was 100% my decision alone, it was 100% instigated by me and 100% nothing to do with any of the board members in wanting me to go; as far as I know, all the guys and girl on the board were happy I was chairman and would have wanted me to stay.

I suppose pride is motivating me to make those last points, I apologise for being a tad indulgent there but as I said, it’s important to me because there are some people out there who will spout lies on the back of my departure telling people I was ousted when the truth of the matter is entirely different.

The truth of the matter is, for some time now, I have felt I really couldn’t deal with certain matters as well as I used to, I suppose my mental resilience isn’t what it was and so there were certain things I was having to deal with as chairman that became difficult for me and I’m at a time in my life when I’d prefer things to go smoothly and without confrontation.
As chairman of the Fed, I had genuinely only ever tried to do what’s best for UK ball but there are people out there who will say they are doing the same thing but the truth is in stark contrast to this, they love money, not paintball ... this is their raison d'être

I would like to express a huge debt of thanks to Ledz for his undying friendship and support and for being my Jimmeny Cricket: if it hadn’t been for Ledz, I woulda packed it in ages ago, he was my touchstone. In my opinion, there is only one man who should be chairman now, and that is Ledz, he alone can carry that position because it is he alone who can unite the necessary parties.

I would like to express a genuine thanks to Gill, for always being loyal, honest and speaking her mind to me, albeit a female’s mind :)

To Jim Frensham, for being Jim Frensham; the man’s got real balls, he speaks as he finds, I respect that so much in people.
I would like to wish everybody on the board all the best and that goes for the promoters we worked alongside, Chris Pelling, Rich Harriss and Mark Carter.
The future of UK Paintball should be handled and overseen by a partnership of industry and promoter both of whom having proper respect for the other because we can only be successful if both parties have due respect for the other and an appreciation for what both can bring to the table of UK paintball.

I truly believe the Fed guys and those promoters just mentioned have a common goal and that goal is to improve the state of UK ball without extorting the common customer base.
These guys are not primarily focussed upon how much money they can screw out of you guys, I can assure everybody of that.
The Fed guys and promoters are decent people and should be supported at all costs.

After working closely with the likes of Ledz from Planet, Jim form Warped, Chris from Lips, Gill from Just Paintball and others, I can be sure we have a fighting chance of turning our fortunes around.
I would like to thank all of the people here for your support; I realise there are some site members who do not think particularly highly of me and I doubt their opinion will ever change but I would hope even these guys will now give their support to the Fed if they now feel they are capable of doing so.

Cheers guys !

Reactions: Dusty

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
A loss to UK ball. Hopefully you'll stay in some capacity if only in an advisory capacity as I firmly believe you when you say you want the best for the UK as a whole.

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Sorry to read of your standing down but hope that you will stick around paintballing and help with your years of experience and know how... and on another note...always glad to read your forum threads... good reading and you shoot from the hip..you say it as it is...thanks for all you have done for The Federation!

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009
Thats thanks for what you did, not for leaving ;)

Oh and i saw this running around saying you'd 'been leveraged out' should i be worried? ;)

Good luck with your next affairs :D

Ant_UK_Refs

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2008
Tameside, Manchester
That's a pity mate, as absolutely nobody can deny your passion and heart for the game, and where you still want UK paintball to be headed for. As for your recommendation for your successor, I don't think there's anyone better than Ledz. He's kinda the Norvern Robbo, but with a healthy obsession for pizza, chili sauces and beer!! Or Frenshy for that matter, as you said, he says it as he sees it and has got real ballls. He must have to be a Sweaty Sock who settled in Brum ;) only joking Jim mate

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
well im sadned by this news and feel uk ball will lose out in the long run, looks like all the bitching and sniping at the fed has taken its toll at a personal level, people really need to look at the bigger picture,