Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

autococker timing

bbjonny07

Jun 28, 2002
Visit site
how do i time my 2002 vertical feed autocker? Or should i take i to my local paintball store?Also how do i get the gun more quiet?

2002 vert feed cocker, twisted bolt, tactical drop foward,ergo regulator, 48cu tank,12 volt w/ 6 paddles

Mysteriousmoose

The moose you never see
Jan 18, 2002
Tallahassee Florida
Visit site
Your best bet is to take it to the closest worr games tech. To make it quiet I would suggest buying a ported barrel. Smart Parts All American is pretty damn quiet and really accurate with the right bore sized paint. People may tell you to make your marker "low pressure". Trust me, all this does is give you a headache. Stick to worr game parts. I have a STO cocker running on +- 150 PSI and I haven't noticed all the difference people talk about. It makes the gun sound like a plunger. Plus they are a pain in the ass to get working right. I'm a cocker tech and I know this crap. And get rid of the twisted bolt, that is the worst product you can possibly put on a cocker. Get a black Magic or orracle bolt if you're looking to replace the bolt.

Gurney

"The Real Apoc"
Oct 13, 2001
Royston, Herts.
Originally posted by bbjonny07
thanks, how long does it take for the tech to time the gun? isnt my twisted better than stock>
Should`nt take an accomplished tech any longer than a few hours to time it, just depends on how busy the store is !!!

Dont know where you are based, if you are in Britain, send it to Planet (jack woods is the daddy) or Belsales (steve is pretty darn good too) :D

U/\/registered

Jul 14, 2002
South Centreal Wisconsin
Visit site
Originally posted by Mysteriousmoose
Your best bet is to take it to the closest worr games tech. To make it quiet I would suggest buying a ported barrel. Smart Parts All American is pretty damn quiet and really accurate with the right bore sized paint. People may tell you to make your marker "low pressure". Trust me, all this does is give you a headache. Stick to worr game parts. I have a STO cocker running on +- 150 PSI and I haven't noticed all the difference people talk about. It makes the gun sound like a plunger. Plus they are a pain in the ass to get working right. I'm a cocker tech and I know this crap. And get rid of the twisted bolt, that is the worst product you can possibly put on a cocker. Get a black Magic or orracle bolt if you're looking to replace the bolt.

If youre a tech, I have a body that I would want to get, but What Would I all need, could you give me product suggestion list? I knwo about rams and Reg and inline regs and 4-ways and what else do I need, could you give me a price estimate?????????

eric

Dedicated Pot Bitch
Aug 23, 2001
US, Ohio
Visit site
Take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Your local pro shop should do fine.

And a few hours?????
I am by no means a cocker expert, I have only had a cocker for about a year, and it takes me about 10 minuites for just the timing. it takes much longer to put on new parts but definitely(sp?)not several hours.

BlackMagic

Oct 29, 2001
Spokane
www.thepaintballoutlet.com
OK Mysteriousmoose i also need to say something, If you are what you call a gun tech, why is LP such a problem or a pain? I convert 4-5 cockers to LP operation every week, it seems to me that you just need more practice with it, oh and heres a clue....... Its all in the springs!!!

1 of 12 Midnight to sky Blue fade No sight rail BM, 295fps at 225psi, 1800 shots off of a 68/4500, Rat valve, stock hammer, evo bolt, stock reg. NO PROBLEMS, EVER, it just takes some skill and knowledge of what you need and what you dont, clue #2, heavy valve spring, light hammer spring, gives you LP & efficiency

I'm Out....... If anyone has any LP questions I'll answer whatever you need to know