Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Axe leak when airing up

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Is it a good fit between the transfer tubes? Had an issue with mine on dfender.

When you said on earlier post you didn't tighten the to tube too right, how tight did you do it... Wouldn't hurt taking it out cleaning lubing etc and change oring if have it then tighten it up good and proper by hand

NoobCannon

Aug 19, 2014
Just watched the video, I had the exact same thing on my mini gs the other day.

Soon as i aired it up it leaked, mine came from the bottom of the solenoid tho are you sure its not coming from there? Removed and cleaned the noid and its was fine all day afterwards.

Ordered a new noid just incase it happens again tho!

Oct 8, 2011
Hertfordshire
So after giving the transfer tube a good clean, making sure it's lubed and hand tightening.

Got a bit of an update.

A) I aired the marker and the leak began after about half a second the squeal started, I fired the marker and the squeal increased it's pitch even higher, however this time it felt the leak and the squeal was coming out the back of the reg.

B) About an hour I tried again, I hadn't changed anything or touched the marker, however this time when I aired, the leak was smaller, again coming out the back of the reg. Upon firing the marker the squeal started, firing a second time the pitch got higher.

I've got a video of the second time I tried (It's not a pretty noise.....)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/77545216/Axe leak 2.mp4

The problem just seems to be moving about the marker as time goes on, I've been told that maybe it's the temperature but surely a bit of cold wouldn't make it sound like a wounded animal?

reaperuk91

Mar 11, 2012
durham
Cold can effect your marker mine wouldn't fire at first at minus 2. But never leaked. If its coming out the back or the reg I've only known that happens when the bottle orings done but yours is fine.

My dfender how has a leak so your not the only one hunting for the sod lol

Oct 8, 2011
Hertfordshire
I'm gonna have my hands on some fresh O-rings soon, the "new" one I was given to try wasn't exactly new so hopefully in a few days I'll have a definitive answer, I guess the silver lining is I've slowly been learning my way around my marker and the inner workings

And hopefully you'll find the source of your leak sooner rather than later!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I bet It`s the same old, same old thing that I`ve found on most of the Axe`s I`ve seen to, Undo the back Cap, then slide everything out and you`ll find a Brass bit with "o" rings on it, this needs to be lubed, It`s usually a part that`s overlooked and when dry-ish ? the symptoms your talking about happens !! as @Bolter says, I`m sure It`s an easy fix .

Oct 8, 2011
Hertfordshire
So a bit of an update. After cleaning and lubing up the poppet and entire bolt assembly I wen't to test the marker to find it was leaking out the front and rear of the reg, the leak out the rear was only slight (going to attribute that to the bottle O-ring, will have a definitive answer soon) however the front of the reg leak I can't explain..

EDIT : Marker is cycling again (y)...still leaking though (n)

The symptoms remain, high pitched squeal combined with a leak, even when cycling the marker

Last edited: