Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

barrel camera

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Not impossible to use GoPro style on barrel mounts.
It is chunky, especially when the waterproof case is added for impact/paint sealing, but when you factor in a hopper on top or your hand below then it won't overly increase your target area

It can also be goggle mounted but, again quite chunky and this is likely to provide a target.

At A&D 1 I wore a GoPro clone helmet mounted above my head. But that game was in the dark, so no danger of being seen popping over bunkers. (As I had taped over the LEDs!)

I have been looking at front mounting on my goggles, but this has not yet been tested in an action situation and it gives me concerns about goggle straps holding as goggles are not meant to have a box hanging out in front of your mouth

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/tommikka/HDCamera/582065_4164074697678_786535647_n.jpg

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt168/tommikka/HDCamera/549593_10151205390898140_753497537_n.jpg

I shall now direct over to my recent post on a thread on barrel cameras.
Note that contourscotland spotted my post and got in touch, but in the process put 2 & 2 together and realised who I am.n general on forums I am Tom, but if that's taken then I am Tommika.

Contourscotland are now sponsoring TFD, my post was after initial contact and prior to accepting us.
My advice still stands irrespective of the arrangement, I give my opinion in general and at the time had had assistance & advice for CS. He also ticks a number of boxes with me - buy British, buy from a paintballer, and a helpfull chap. He's also been around the forums I hang around and is a helpful chap.
On top of all that he chooses to live in Orkney, from which I originate, and you can't go wrong with tha
I

http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/barrell-cam.151799/#post-1363548

Contours tick all the boxes for paintball, they are compact, have many mounting options and are capable of surviving impact.

I haven't tested the impact on my GoPro clone, prefering to case it, the contour impact that I first saw also was not mine. It was messy, but no damage. I therefore have no worries about needing to case the contour. (Do check models about waterproof-ness though before playing or swimming then blaming me!)

Reactions: essa and Robin Hood

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Just a little addition:
ContourScotland now provide a discount code for Task Force Delta to hand out. If you decide to buy contour then message me for a code to use when buying from ContourScotland.com

onasilverbike

I'm a country member!
The Gopro Hero 3 Black edition is an amazing package, I have been trying mine out for the past couple of weeks, 30% smaller, 25% lighter and twice as powerful as the Hero 2, really good IQ, especially in low light, with the handlebar/seatpost attachment it will easily barre;, mount. The 4k is a bit of a gimmick as nobody will have the apparatus to replay footage in such high definition at home, and at 15 FPS the results may be a bit jerky. I'm awaiting a final firmware update to get the most out of it (expected around the full release date later this month). The included wifi remote id pretty neat too, as is the smartphone app and the ability to stream over wifi.

Be aware that the Silver and White editions are in fact the Hero 2 and original Hero, same specs albeit repackaged in the smaller, lighter casing.