Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dead mans walk

• Thread starter Tommy Gun-Nexus
  • Start date
Agreed

Paul

Agreed, generally it is followed that an arm raised in the air signals your elimination. It really could do with a little clarification. I have found the following in the Millenium Rules though:

10.27. Players that take action which would cause members of the opposing team to reasonably believe that such players have been eliminated, including but not limited to calling himself out or hit, hiding the armbands, holding the markers in positions above the shoulders, placing objects in the barrels of the markers and carrying them in view of members of the opposing teams or walking in groups of eliminated players, will be eliminated.

This seems to be the attempt to block DMW's

Scutty

markt

Jul 11, 2001
South London
Visit site
Jay Clayson

I have been with the Rushers 1 year now and never met Jay but Dave Hall (founder member) tells me that Jay moved to your neck of the woods a while back and did play for the Rushers for a while.

Jay is a kick boxing nutter by all accounts (no offence - anyone who does kick boxing is a nutter!!) and would have made a real good baller.

Say hi to him from the Rushers

Mark T, of the latter day Rushers

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Yeah, Jay plays with us now. He's as mad as a hatter, but that just makes him fit in with the rest of the team. Was he covered in tattoos back then as well? Well, we're glad to have him on board (he even speaks Dutch), specially since he's toting around with an Angel nowadays......

I'll tell him you guys said hi.

Peace.

I don't know if my man Sikk has already told you this, but we saw a rookie team, thier first tourney, pull the dead mans walk against Dark Carnival (a very good amatuer team). The game was over in about 3 min. The same team tried to pull the dead mans walk against my team, it would've worked but the ref pulled his arm-band before he started shooting people on my team. So if you're gonna try it just let the ref know ahead of time so he won't pull your arm-band.

pbphil69

Jul 19, 2001
Visit site
The Fighting Hellfish?

Originally posted by Mikez
No Problem with DMW if you fall for it then it is your fault you should pay more attention to the game and not the 5.2 ft blonde stood on the sideline watching.

Mikez:eek:

Did you play in the tourney at scotch corner last week. If so reply

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Let the ref know you're going to do a dead man's walk? That kinda defeats the purpose of it, doesn't it? The ref should know fully well when you're hit and not, so if he doesn't see a hit on you he should know that's going on. (Discussing the matter might give it away and/or have the ref try to talk you out of it, meanwhile getting you bunkered.)

DMW's are one of the very few examples of genuine deception in the game that add another dimension to it that otherwise wouldn't exist. Granted at the same time it makes for a lot of gratuitous hosing of people suspected of it that gets them extraordinarily pissed off at you and heavily bruised. Hold your gun and/or hand up or pay the price, it's just that simple.

UKRedskin2001

Jul 19, 2001
The Bog
www.uk-redskins.com
Personally i feel the Dead Mans Walk Is A Fine Move, and the people who complain of it are those who are to stupid to notice those coming at them, usually no matter what the senario or situation i try to look for enemies in any state, if i see any who are "dead" then i usually check out where they are heading, and if it is not where dead people are meant to be, then i shoot the bugger a few times for good measure... And i was at scotch corner.

Mikez

Jul 6, 2001
UK
Nope i didnt play scotch ws it good? Or was it wet and muddy like last year?????

Mikez :rolleyes: