Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DOT tested air tank

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
I have an air tank that is DOT (i got it in America) It is one of those preset ones from PMI that i use on my Spyder when visiting my dad, i also have just bought a new marker that runs on air or CO2 (i know air would be better) which is the piranha pro ts with storm, there are a couple of things i would like to know about it in this country, plz:D :D

1. Can i get it filled at feilds in this country?

2. Can i use at feilds in this country?

3. If not can i get it tested to UK standard?

4. If not should i buy a 20oz CO2?

5. Is there an air system that is able to be used in both countries?

6. If there is is it worth me trying to sell my tank to someone and buying a ?double tested? tank?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

sonic

Nov 4, 2001
nottingham.uk
www.uk-mastres.co.uk
hi spyderflash

1.possible best to ask on site(think it depends if your a visiting player)

2. not sure check with site (all to do with insurance etc)

3.dot bottles can not be tested to hse(uk)standards:(

4.depends on your budget its up to you(get better consistace in your gun i.e volocity):D

5.angle air conforms to both countries i belive:cool:

6.depends on your budget once again:)

hopr this helps a little sure you will get more post to confirm more about your questions:)

best of luck;)

jeevusmaximus

Jan 12, 2002
Exactly what sonic said. DOT bottle's are illegal to use in the UK because the test is different to the HSE test we have here.

1. Probably depends on the site
2. Again depends on the site
3. No
4,5,6. It all depends on your budget. Angel air's are dual tested so you can use them anywhere in the world. However, they cost about £350. If you dont have that much money, I think the new Max Flow's can do both air and CO2 (not entirely sure) then when you have more money, upgrade the CO2 to air.

TheRo0sTer

VW's are the game
1. Can i get it filled at feilds in this country?

Some fields check and some don't but they will refuse to.

2. Can i use at feilds in this country?

Yes you can once you have a HSE inspection done.

Yes you can. E-mail Sinner aka Mike he knows where to get it done.

4. If not should i buy a 20oz CO2?

Spend your money on a test they are less than 40 quid!

5. Is there an air system that is able to be used in both countries?

Angel AIR

6. If there is is it worth me trying to sell my tank to someone and buying a ?double tested? tank?

Cheaper to have yours HSE tested.

Hope that answers your questions. :D

SirJinks

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Jun 21, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
If it has been established (which I believe it has, ask the guys at H-Pac svcs) that DOT tanks are illegal to fill / use in the UK (unless you are a visiting overseas player or some such caveat), why would some sites continue to let them be used?

It may be a stupid rule but if a site is willing to knowingly do something illegal doesn't it kind of cast a suspiscion on what else they may knowingly turn a blind eye too?

Just playing devils advocate. :)

Dec 23, 2001
East of E-Numberia
Visit site
ok, this is an old subject, and i continue to read into it.

Firstly, No site in the UK should let you use of fill your tank on their fields, if it is DOT tested.

Anyone who has a HSE bottle, look where it says HSE, there are a few numbers that follow. These are a usage description code. When a bottle is retested, it is tested to say it is suitable for the usage that code stands for.
DOT test bottles DONT HAVE this code (or more likely have their own code which is not recognised by the HSE board) and therefore cannot be tested to HSE standard.

As to buying a new system -
If you are a uk player, you CAN use a HSE bottle in the US. (in the same way the a US player can use a DOT bottle in the UK)
But if you want a Dual test bottle, jeevus is right.
Angel AIR is dual test, and Smartparts Europe sell dual test bottles.

hope that helps.

spyderflashlcd23

Watch out your gunna get
Oct 14, 2002
High Wycombe, Bucks
Visit site
I might be upgrading my old tank HSE standard if posible, if not i will just save and get an Angel AIR system. can you use angel AIR on a piranha pro ts with storm (i will obvisly keep the air system when i upgrade) between the presure psi 450-550, i just wanted to know because Angels are mutch better than piranha.:rolleyes:

Sinner

Squirrel watcher
Jul 11, 2001
Norwich, Norfolk
Visit site
Originally posted by TheRo0sTer

Yes you can. E-mail Sinner aka Mike he knows where to get it done.
Err... do I? :confused: How did I get dragged into this?

Anyway, some confusion here, Roo: like many people, I know where to get HSE bottles tested to HSE standard. I'm not 100% sure if DOT bottles can be legally tested - to HSE standard of course - at all in the UK.

My understanding is that the bottle manufacturer applies to the appropriate agency - HSE in UK, DOT in US - for their product to be tested to the required standard and upon receiving certification for that design they can then legally sell the bottle in the appropriate country.

I have a vague recollection of John Rice mentioning that once a dual-standard A.I.R. bottle has been tested for either DOT or HSE, then that particular bottle is no longer considered legal for the other standard. That does suggest that you can't get cross-tested.

Since I'm now getting lots of emails asking about this (thanks Roo :() I'll check with the place that I use since they should be able to give a definite answer.