Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Federation Meeting 4th March 2010

Echowitch

Southern Pirates
Hmmmmm....... interesting point Echo, are you suggesting the disclosure of just why the Federation withdrew sanctioned status of that event series might influence your decision to play in one league or another?
Not really, I doubt it would influence me either way. Others maybe but not me. I just think that as a matter of principle the Federation should be as open as possible about what it does and doesn't do and say, and what is decided by it. Its effectively the Government and we expect accountability from Members of Parliament, and its not unreasonable to expect the same from any other Governing body otherwise people lose trust in it.

The removal of the Masters as a sanctioned event is a pretty major occurrence and people will want to know as soon as possible why this has happened. I'm sure most people have already heard one or more versions of what happened but haven't heard anything from the Federation yet. And the Federation is really the first place we should be hearing about these sort of things.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
sc fi would this be far on all parties

disclosing events that went on between the feds and the masters

now i don,t play the masters for personal reasons ,and that is how every player should decide

the choice of event should be down to the players not because an organisation says so

choose the best value event for you
The Fed isn't telling anybody to play anywhere as far as I know; all we are doing is sanctioning events that provide a certain standard of operation and accountability.

Players and teams are wise enough to realise when they are having the pi$s taken out of them and I can assure you of something, the Federation will not be sanctioning any event series that we feel takes advantage of our players.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Not really, I doubt it would influence me either way. Others maybe but not me. I just think that as a matter of principle the Federation should be as open as possible about what it does and doesn't do and say, and what is decided by it. Its effectively the Government and we expect accountability from Members of Parliament, and its not unreasonable to expect the same from any other Governing body otherwise people lose trust in it.

The removal of the Masters as a sanctioned event is a pretty major occurrence and people will want to know as soon as possible why this has happened. I'm sure most people have already heard one or more versions of what happened but haven't heard anything from the Federation yet. And the Federation is really the first place we should be hearing about these sort of things.

I think in principle you are right but there are exceptions, I'm not suggesting this is an exception but 'telling all' sometimes does more harm than good.
I think most people would have heard just what set all this in motion but as for motives behind the initial action?
This is where you are gonna get the real differences emerge; in fact, the reason given to one of our most respected board members has already been denied and so we now begin to lurk in puddles of deceit that doesn't do this game any good whatsoever.

Basically, I get sick and tired of these type actions and what sickens me more, is the inevitable denials that follow ....... they are cheap, transparent and insulting.

Still, this is paintball, we should expect it shouldn't we?

:rolleyes:

A reasonably comprehensive report will be given shortly I think.

Update I just spoke to Ledz and it's getting posted on Monday. It will be in this forum and also on the Federation's website, and so hopefully, this will appease everybody who wishes to know what happened.

Biscuit

Mar 21, 2006
wakey
Visit site
never said you was mate

but people implied that if the feds gave the reasons why the masters and feds broke up,

that it might make their minds up where to play

as i said i choose where to play due to value for money

not the masters or nspl

nspl is too far 400 mile round trip

masters too expensive for what you get

cpps= value for money for me

thats even with the masters being a 2hour less round trip;):D

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
never said you was mate

but people implied that if the feds gave the reasons why the masters and feds broke up,

that it might make their minds up where to play

as i said i choose where to play due to value for money

not the masters or nspl

nspl is too far 400 mile round trip

masters too expensive for what you get

cpps= value for money for me

thats even with the masters being a 2hour less round trip;):D

I think you have obviously made your choice on the criterion that's important to you and I also think, this is exactly the same criterion most people would elect to use when deciding upon which league to play.

Personally, I would have made exactly the same choice as yourself but for different reasons; the first question I ask is, are the promoters of this event I go to, taking the pi$s outa me?

I don't like being lied to, I don't like excessive profit margins predicated upon greed rather than financial expediency, oh, and I don't like being lied to, did I mention that already?
I also like an ethos of operation that casts its net outside of the purse/back pocket; I have listened at length to the philosophy of the CPPS as expounded by Mark Carter, co-promoter of the CPPS.
He sees the wider picture [as of course does Rich Harriss, his partner] whereby there has to be a holistic development of UK paintball as against a self-centrist approach that dooms everybody.

He realises that people have to work together to gain traction in any recovery and as such, he and Rich must focus more than ever on giving value for money for their customer base.

I think if we all take a step back and look at the number of teams electing to play leagues that have similar philosophies e.g. the NSPL and CPPS, and then contrast these entry lists with rival leagues; the number of teams entering the CPPS and NSPL is nearly double in both cases.

It doesn't take much to work out, there is a significant momentum being generated toward those people [the leagues, the industry and the players who elect to go to these events] who believe in a wider and less selfish development of our national game.

People will eventually vote with their feet and I for one, am glad we have democratic principles underwriting our sport otherwise we would never develop.
Paintball is going through an exceptionally hard time, the last thing we need is a split but sometimes, especially in nature, we need a split otherwise the butterfly would never emerge from its cocoon. ....... blimey, I'm coming over all metaphoric, time to go training and get me head bashed in.

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
I don't want to get involved in who said what and why but I will respond to this line in Echowitch posting because I feel he deserves a response.

"The removal of the Masters as a sanctioned event is a pretty major occurrence and people will want to know as soon as possible why this has happened"

I will respond by quoting a line from the letter Wendy sent to the Federation.

"It is with great regret that I am informing you of my resignation from the Federation"

From this you will see Wendy resigned from the Federation - Hence the removal of the Uk Masters from the Federations sanctioned event.

Cheers

Steve

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I don't want to get involved in who said what and why but I will respond to this line in Echowitch posting because I feel he deserves a response.

"The removal of the Masters as a sanctioned event is a pretty major occurrence and people will want to know as soon as possible why this has happened"

I will respond by quoting a line from the letter Wendy sent to the Federation.

"It is with great regret that I am informing you of my resignation from the Federation"

From this you will see Wendy resigned from the Federation - Hence the removal of the Uk Masters from the Federations sanctioned event.

Cheers

Steve
Oh my Steve, you coulda said sooo much more mate; you display a lot more self-control than myself in such circumstances.
Maybe that's why you are such a respected individual ...... and rightly so!

I often wonder why we always seem to adopt overly considerate responses at times like this; in my opinion, this type response just ends up protecting the 'reputation' of the wrong-doer when the situation is literally screaming out for clarity.

I suppose it will possibly get classified as 'political expediency' but in my book, it just subverts the truth of the matter.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Interesting mix of companies represented - all retail with the exception of JT & Planet (who manufacture as well). Was the invite limited to those listed, or were other parties (Dye, APS, NPS) invited but didn't want to attend?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Interesting mix of companies represented - all retail with the exception of JT & Planet (who manufacture as well). Was the invite limited to those listed, or were other parties (Dye, APS, NPS) invited but didn't want to attend?

NPS are now Kee, PMI was also integrated along with NPS to create the biggest paintball company at present.
Billy Ceranski, is one of the top dogs at Kee and along with Jackie Sosta, head of European operations have expressed their allegiance to the Federation and take their seat on the board alongside other key members.

On the date of out last meeting, the Kee staff had a meeting that couldn't be postponed and therefore they were unable to attend but Jackie Sosta, Billy Ceranski and myself will be meeting in a couple of weeks to discuss just how Kee can help the Federation with its development program.

Kee are have recently been positioning there-selves as the industry's largest concern and therefore their membership on the Federation board gives an enormous boost to what we are trying to do.
It's good to know, all the top guys in our industry are singing from the same sheet.

Jon Payne from JCS is an active member of the board but was unable to attend this meeting because of a prior field booking he has with his local fire brigade and he couldn't get out of it unfortunately.

Spike, from GiMilsim also holds a seat on the board but he was In Taiwan on business and Piper from Manic, also another key board member was ill in bed.

Almost every meeting has absentees but we manage to keep the ball rolling by updating every board member with an email after each meeting.

As for Dye?
I am at present talking to Dave Youngblood concerning Dye's seat on the board and hopefully Tommy Pemberton will retake his position on the board.

The sheer number of active individuals we have on the board ensure the Federation's momentum
is maintained.
We are extremely lucky in having the people we do at the table because the vast majority of UK's industry is represented at these meetings and I feel quite honoured to be a part of this initiative.