The Home Of European Paintball

first marker

runcorviking

Newbie!
Jul 15, 2006
Cheshire, Runcorn
Hey all

new to all this and look to spend max £200

both markers im looking at seem to recieve rave reviews and pants reviews!?!

Help!

I'm lookin at the Smart Ion maybe XE or the Smart SP-8

I'm lookin at mainly woodsball but want a decent enough marker.

ideally although i would like summit that looks like the real thing i dont want a inconsistant marker nor a 'site' marker.

Any suggestions?

Maybe proto?

Phil

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
There is a sim type mini marker coming out, i am sure i have seen it advertised somewhere, might be worth waiting for that? :D

Personally i would say get something that you fancy the look of etc

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
First of all, find out if your site has Air or CO2?
Most woodland sites run CO2 which is nasty stuff and will kill most of the guns talked about on here, which means you will then have to look at Tippmann's, BT guns etc, instead of Ion's, Proto's, Etek's etc.
Some of these say they can run on CO2 but personally i wouldn't risk it.:eek:

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
A ion or ion type gun will run no bother on co2, but i would say use a remote hose, seeing as though your interested in scenario stuff then it shouldnt be a problem, but as mentioned above best to check with your site :D

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
If you decide on an Ion and CO2, then buy a non electric gravity fed hopper as this will slow down your shooting speed.
Remote hose, anti syphon, whatever you fit, liquid CO2 "WILL" get into the gun and kill it very quickly, regardless of what anyone says.
With an anti syphon.....do you always shoot with the gun level when playing the woods?
Remote hose.........you never lay down with the bottle higher than the gun?
Booof.......end of Ion:rolleyes:

(ps, i'm not having a pop at you chris, just using my 20 years experience of dead guns and CO2):cool:

CaveMan

Best EU..
Jan 30, 2008
Haverhill, Suffolk
If your only going to play woodsball and are more than likely to not start Sup-air then i would go for a Tippmann. They are fantastic scenario guns and can be customized to look like whatever you want!

Also as said above, find out what your local site uses, either CO2 or Air. Tippmann's can run well on either as well. A remote hose is a good idea also and all of this can be brought for less than £200.