Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ground pounder vests?

trigg503

is back home now
Jan 18, 2007
Burghead Moray Scotland
i have used both, i prefered the proto one over the empire i felt the empire one to be more restrictive in movment but that may have been because it was still new, however you might find different if possible try before you buy hope this helps (prob not like) trigg :)

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
tbh, i don't think there's any protection that'll eliminate the pain really, i have a proto vest and its nice to wear, nice and warm and protects me to an extent ... if a long shot hits me it usually bounces or a can hardly feel it. But just learn to get over the pain

phoenix pete

paintballing karteka
Jan 12, 2008
i dont say this often but man up!
pain is your friend, it reminds you your still alive

and so no one thinks im sexist, freshers comment to dave puts it in perspective

dave- why didnt you wear gloves
fresher - because im not a pussy :p

manners87

I cant shoot
Feb 28, 2006
Halifax
Visit site
Fella, i consider my self a human target most of the time. especially when i worked at fireball (reball training) i used to get lit up regularly. its not so much that the pain stops occuring its so much that you learn to deal with it. i tend to use pain. in xball a couple of bonus balls to your head can really rile you up to get your own back. and ukm 5 man just run through the pain.

If your still struggling with the pain factor head to a training site and get lit up a couple of times... focus on the fact of showing people how many bruises you got and telling them how they were a result of you killing a pro!

i remember a saying and dont know who said it

pain is temporary, glory is forever!

Manners
Reapers' Human Target

gambo47

Jun 20, 2007
scotland
www.youtube.com
Bounce factor

I wear one and confirm they will bounce a few balls at break out ..so you are in the game still and make it to your first bunker..after that it might keep you warm as the closer ranges will then negate the benefits if offered earlier..

Or save the dosh...

Run faster to the first bunker and avoid the sweet spots!

Are the slider shorts allowed in competition?

bulls

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2006
Doncaster
Visit site
meh

I wear the ground pounder teeshirt jobby and it does offer decent protection in places like the shoulder. If you get hit on a padded area it tends to take the sting out a little bit and can produce odd bounces. It doesnt in any way restrict movement and you wont notice you have it on. Overheating hasnt been a problem for me either :)

You will probably take some stick for wearing one, but anyone with any sense doesnt think welts make you look hard/heroic/agg :D

Thats my 2 cents if its any help mate.