Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Holmbush Pump Day Changes - May 17th

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
If you didn't make it you missed another great day. We had around 16 pumpers at Holmbush today, with some superb games played as usual. Pissed down with rain until 11am but then cleared, and it stayed dry until last few games of the day.

We seem to get 5 or 6 new faces at each day, with the rest made up of regular pumpers. Would be good to see more turn up for next one. If everyone I've seen at these pump days so far, all managed to turn up for July's game at Holmbush, we could be looking at 25+ on the day.

Thanks to Neil & Ross for organising and marshalling the game today

Top marks :D

benjy85pb

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2008
West Sussex
It was indeed a good day and that rain was bloody cold in the morning! But yes, definitely a good day with a good atmosphere. Shame I couldn't stay for the last few games, had some urgent things that I kept ignoring to take care of when I got back home! So sorry about that guys. Hopefully I'll see all of you lot on the next one in July. :D

cliffords the man

Aug 26, 2008
Buckinghamshire
just an idea guys...

is there any chance of maybe having like a 2day one of these in the summer ?
playing over the saturday and sunday ?
would be great if we had the right weather ...

what do you think ?
Id be game and im sure i could get a few other pumpers to make the journey :)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Only the super fit need apply

Don't think my 1 1/2 legs can manage two days on the trot

A dozen+ games at Holmbush always knackers me out

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
ill see you all in july!
will bring as many mates as possible

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
is there any chance of maybe having like a 2day one of these in the summer ?
playing over the saturday and sunday ?
would be great if we had the right weather ...

what do you think ?
Id be game and im sure i could get a few other pumpers to make the journey

Firstly, Thank you to all the guys that turned up on the pump day. It was a very enjoyable day, played well and nice and easy going. Hope you all thoroughly enjoyed it as I know it was the first time some of you played pump games :rolleyes:

The reason we are holding these games is to give you guys the chance to either play a style of paintball you enjoy, have a reallyreallyreallyreallyreally cheap alternative day of paintballing and of course we were bugged mercilessly for quite awhile about holding a pump event!

With the few of you that can actually organise yourselves to attend, we cannot even consider holding a 2 day pump event. No one can (and whilst we are usually the first to go out on a limb with a new idea - No one will!). So let's just get back to planet earth and concentrate on getting the normal 1 day events working as intended.

Ross and I work for FREE to bring this event to you. We loose one of our few days off to enable you to have, what we consider, to be a great time. So, backsides off of forums please and actually turn up in the flesh - regardless of weather conditions - and show us it's worthwhile for everyones enjoyment. Let's face it, at £20.00 a head we can't even afford to pay ourselves.

There were 2, very friendly and extremely fair playing chaps who drove from the Midlands to play this event - just that in itself made the event seem that much more worthwhile to us, so telling me 25 miles is too far to drive is just going to make me laugh ;)

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site

so telling me 25 miles is too far to drive is just going to make me laugh ;)[/I]

Who the hell came up with that lame excuse?! I'd driven down to Caterham from Norfolk on the saturday and if it wasn't for the fact I'd been up all night visiting the toilet every hour and doing the same every 2 hours on sunday I'd have been there with bells on!!! Well, not actually bells, that'd have given my position away and we don't want that now do we? ;) lol. Again I'm so pissed off I missed this one, can't make a pump event until november now, but will also hopefully be able to make the august semi event:) Glad all those who did turn up had fun and even though I wasn't there I want to thank Bandwagon and his mate for putting these events on, I just wish fate didn't hate me and would let me go to one!!!!:mad:

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK

Firstly, Thank you to all the guys that turned up on the pump day. It was a very enjoyable day, played well and nice and easy going. Hope you all thoroughly enjoyed it as I know it was the first time some of you played pump games :rolleyes:

The reason we are holding these games is to give you guys the chance to either play a style of paintball you enjoy, have a reallyreallyreallyreallyreally cheap alternative day of paintballing and of course we were bugged mercilessly for quite awhile about holding a pump event!

With the few of you that can actually organise yourselves to attend, we cannot even consider holding a 2 day pump event. No one can (and whilst we are usually the first to go out on a limb with a new idea - No one will!). So let's just get back to planet earth and concentrate on getting the normal 1 day events working as intended.

Ross and I work for FREE to bring this event to you. We loose one of our few days off to enable you to have, what we consider, to be a great time. So, backsides off of forums please and actually turn up in the flesh - regardless of weather conditions - and show us it's worthwhile for everyones enjoyment. Let's face it, at £20.00 a head we can't even afford to pay ourselves.

There were 2, very friendly and extremely fair playing chaps who drove from the Midlands to play this event - just that in itself made the event seem that much more worthwhile to us, so telling me 25 miles is too far to drive is just going to make me laugh ;)
Spot on ;)

Try making the effort to turn up for a single pump day, before suggesting back 2 back events. You're hardly going to get taken seriously unless you get off your arse and show up at Holmbush in the first place.

BTW Neil, I didn't realise you and Ross gave your time for free :cool:

Makes me more determined to support future pump games, and I would gladly pay a little extra on the day to make sure you guys don't work FOC.

Thanks again for Sunday - Gary

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
Haha... no worries pal.

On one hand it's good that there are people like yourself, wanting to see things go ahead.

It is, however, quite another thing to get people to turn up and make these events what they should be !

You'll be very welcomed, from however far afield you have to travel ... would be nice to see some local regulars show up ofc ! - Hint Hint !

Come down, try it out and see what the games are all about - I'd like to see the same friendly and fun atmosphere spill over into all of our events.

... and have to be honest GeeTee, just having a bigger turn out with a good atmosphere will be worth being there for ;) So thanks for yours and your team-mates support. As I said previously, thanks to all who turned up infact!