Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

human race self destructing

Pmr Man

otherwise known as Bing!
Apr 24, 2008
satans layby- MILTON KEYNES
hi guys n gals,
my question to you is a simple question- can the human race ever survive sustainably, or are we like a parasite to a planet sucking it dry before eventually dying off itself. we all see we need to recycle and the g20 eco targets, but is that enough, can we turn the clock back before something sets off a chain of events leading to the human race (or the majority) being killed off.
humans can' even be put on the scale for the grand scheme of things so will it even make a difference? so what do you think? in a world where the whole 'system' is based on taking advantage of somebody else, can we truly overcome it?

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Yes, if everybody stopped killing each other, stopped being prejudiced, and stopped fearing whatever they don't understand...

Oh, wait. That's the definition of the human race. Never mind. ;)

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
I think its all part of evolution, in 100 trillion years all the stars will be dead and there will be no possible future anyways. As the ozone dies our genes will evolve or mutate to allow us to be tolerant of the conditions, we as humans have evolved from nothing pretty much and this is just another step on the evolutionary scale, as the need arises for us to move on and kill other planets we will do, but i dont think by then we will be humans as we know them anyways. :D

Cusack

Oct 17, 2005
Yes, if everybody stopped killing each other, stopped being prejudiced...
There'd be a ****-tonne more people around!

I think it's like asking the question 'is the universe going to return to a singularity or carry on expanding forever', basically the variable the makes the difference is only known to within an uncertainty that ranges from case A to case B. useful that. I might just go and ask that, actually..

I don't think we have the right attitude to 'turn the clock back'. Nobody is gonna give up the 23 inch LCD they're viewing this forum on. It's very hard to give this stuff up.

The 'system' has to be capitalism right? Driven by greed?. Sorry to put a finer point on it, but nobody goes to work for free, they do it so they can eat well and buy shinies. We have to work to live right? I don't agree it's about taking advantage of people, more like taking advantage of resources, i.e the earth's. It's at the beginning of the supply chain of everything we buy, but loggers don't pay the forest for it's time in growing do they?

Looking at an example from rabbits. They breed like rabbits, right? So do humans. In a closed system with ample food supply, the population would over breed and then die out.

So then I think the difference with us is our 'slightly' improved intelligence. Hopefully the collective human population is smart enough to work out things like nuclear fusion so we can grow extra food and remove salt from the seawater. In my opinion, it will happen, but how quick, and whether we as a population are growing more intelligent (maybe, i hope) to deal with these challenges or not..

Thats my bleak view of the human existence anyway...

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
There'd be a ****-tonne more people around!
Would there be, though?

With our attention away from war, different ways of living etc, I would think we would be able to control our population and focus on the more important things...