Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Is Labour Revolting?

sundance1968

sundance1968
Jan 26, 2009
nottingham
yep they're pretty disgusting cannot believe brown hasn't stepped down!
what will it take?

the queen will have to drag him out of no 10 by his earhole:eek:

and yes did notice the resemblance to sid james:)

rewind

Shiny!
Aug 28, 2008
Kent
I think it is now a sense of pride for brown more than anything else now, He knows hat the majority of the coun try see him as the man who ruined our economy whilst in the reign of Blair (be it true or not), and as he was made primeminister by default, we feal that we have been jilted by the government and that we should have ha the chance to vote our new PM in.
I think the labour revault is also part of a scheme to try and get back votes to labour by appearing to agree with the general public and get rid of the one who is being blamed, once he is out of the picture they can rebuild buy saying 'we didnt like hm either, heres what were gonna do better now hes gone'

THing is labour are going to lose to the tories now, and theyre gonna be stuck with the mess were in, and ultimately be blamed for not bringing us out of the recession fast enough.

basicly there are always going to be problems with the people who run our country and always going to be complaints. but yeh, think Brown should leave now before all of his self respect is stripped away publicly when further cabinet ministers step down and he loses the election

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
Alan Sugar is to be made a peer and will act as a "Special Advisor" on business matters.

This is because none of the Government Ministers have any experience of actually starting and running a business.
I think that at the last cabinet meeting, Brown & Mandelson were asking, "How can I reach these kids?" and then one of them piped up that they saw The Apprentice the other night to kids will think it's 'cool' if someone they know with is involved in the government or whatever he is doing.

I don't think there's going to be an election any time soon, I also don't think that Labour are going to push Brown out either. I think he will stay on for as long as he can, hoping that the economy will sort itself out and he will have enough time to sort out Parliament & then he thinks that people will vote for him - in reality though, they won't because Labour have made so many mistakes over the years.

Then again though I don't think the Conservatives would be that much better led by Cameron & the Lib Dems led by Nick Clegg would just be complete hell!

Tony Harrison

What is your beef with the Mac?
Mar 13, 2007
I don't think young people take any notice of "The Apprentice", as they are too busy watching "Big Brother" and similar reality TV fodder.

Now, if Brown appointed a cabinet made up of former Big Brother and X-Factor winners, that would get the public's attention.

For about 5 minutes, until a new series of "Britain's Got Talent" begins.

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
I agree with you, but the way I see it, it's Labour's last attempt at trying to get in touch with the 'younger voter'

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
You're right - but the problem is, as always, that politicians have no idea what young people are into - "The Apprentice" is the wrong age group.

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
Yeah that's the point I'm trying to get at.

Apparently Labour ministers have applauded and banged on tables after Gordon Brown entered a 'crunch' meeting that he had this evening. It seems that they are starting to reunite behind him as they realise that they truly are buggered and if there is a general election, a good amount of them will be out of a job.

Tony Harrison

Mar 13, 2007
I think that Brown's government will collapse over the next few days.

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Its pretty ugly, but I wouldn't say revolting, think that's a bit harsh.

Edit; after reading the thread i realize gassy made a similar joke.

oh well.