Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

millennium reduced to 8 games in prelims?

Eddepet

Fat *******
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever
Originally posted by Mr Big
I know it means less games, but I think it's great news for those teams who struggle to afford the entry fee, cos obviously this is gonna mean entry fee will be reduced accordingly.
Obvious to you and me.......but I'm not sure the Millenium board will think the same.......

Mark Toye-Nexus

Rushers
Jul 18, 2001
Sarf London
IMHO 8 games is too few.

We played Huntington Beach and thought it was going to mirror Millennium tournaments

But they have stuck to the old NPPL 8 game prelims.

A little disappointing - but then for most teams the paint/cost saved on the 2 games could be important I guess.

Is there any plan to increase the number of games over there??

Were the Millennium board thinking of reducing the games to 8 to facilitate the nations cup - shorter prelims therefor making more time for X Ball??

I'm glad that they voted it down - the 10 game prelims in the MS is a good satndard to keep.

Mark

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Ant,
So that's the focus of the Sharks, is it?

Wasn't the "old" Mil at one time 8 game prelim that was bumped to 10 after the "old" NPPL/PSP went from 6 (yes, 6) game prelim to 8?
And wouldn't it be another shot across the bow for NPPL S7 to match the Mil (and 20% more paintball)?

wee mouse

Jul 8, 2001
www.escarmouche.com
WE WANT 10!!

I TAKE THE POINT ABOUT REDUCING COSTS OF PAINT ETC, BUT I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT WANT THE PRELIMS REDUCED AT ALL, WHATEVER THE REDUCTION IN COSTS.

MOST TEAMS WILL WANT THE MAXIMUM NO OF GAMES POSSIBLE AT THESE BIG EVENTS, AND I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT TRADE 2 GAMES FOR MORE PARTYING.

John

wee-man

Ex Baller :-(
Aug 22, 2001
Scotland
www.theclan-paintball.com
WE WANT 10!!

Originally posted by wee mouse
I TAKE THE POINT ABOUT REDUCING COSTS OF PAINT ETC, BUT I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT WANT THE PRELIMS REDUCED AT ALL, WHATEVER THE REDUCTION IN COSTS.

MOST TEAMS WILL WANT THE MAXIMUM NO OF GAMES POSSIBLE AT THESE BIG EVENTS, AND I CERTAINLY WOULD NOT TRADE 2 GAMES FOR MORE PARTYING.

John
never mind mate you can come and party with the scots we`ll show you how its done and now you can still get all the games in

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Ah yes the mystical ability of the Scots to get pi**ed without getting a round in.

SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK......

Awaits me flaming.....;) ;) ;) ;)