Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Mobile internet

• Thread starter Misty's Big Adventure
  • Start date
M

Misty's Big Adventure

Right need the help of someone who works for t-mobile if possible. Basically my dad got a new mobile which he can use to connect to the internet. He does not have internet at work (rented office + gay landlord who won't get broadband in), so he can connect his mobile to the pc and access the net.

Now that works ok as he uses it to check emails, get info for patients etc But now he wants to scrap the home broadband and get another usb stick that picks up the t-mobile wifi signal for the home pc.

Now what I want to know is how gd is the mobile internet for home use? Also if this usb stick is in the home pc would i be able to access the signal with my pc upstairs?

Hope thats explained enough.

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Well it with t-mobile and my sisters boy friends who works for them, says that even if you over the limit they won't charge you.

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Was he with t-mobile? As i said t-mobile won't charge you for going over the limit.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
If your going to do this, get the 3 one, not the t-mobile one (3gb cap). My next door neighbour works for 3 and ditched his home broadband for one of these.

Im not sure if you can share the network, its only really viable if one person has it (like my nextdoor neighbour, as he lives by himself)

-james

M

Misty's Big Adventure

Not sure if connecting a wireless router to the home pc could work. Yeah they 3gb cap but they won't charge for going over, bit odd but thats what i was told by sister bf.