Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Modern Warfare 2 PC version

Kitch

Super'5ives'Man
Jul 10, 2001
Sexy South
Visit site
The PC version is now on schedule for release at the same time as the console version in Europe and not 2 weeks later. However a PR man from IW confirmed last night that there will be no dedicated server support, instead it will be hosted on listening servers much like xbox live and done via IW.net also with steam support.

Now what this means in laymans terms is the only way you can now host a private game is via your home pc, meaning no clan servers, no matches or competitive play, no modding community and no control over where you play.

IW's forums have been flooded, and new accounts suspended, there are at least 2 petitions going on one with a little over 15k signatures, MODs on the forums are fighting a losing battle with pron and spam and are deleting out of hand.

I would really like to know given the current economic climate how this will effect game server providers who have already taked pre orders for servers, bought new equipment and bandwidth.

sennz

K20 EG
Nov 14, 2007
if this is the case.

cod4 will still stay highly competitive. And so will cod2.

Mr.Longbeard

Platinum Member
Jun 8, 2004
Visit site
As have many, one of the petitions was upto 60K+ last night, and rightly so, the community which made CoD4 what it is has been shat upon from a great height :mad:

sennz

K20 EG
Nov 14, 2007
Quote from Mazarini @ Buttonbashers.com

its good for cod community, COD4 will be alive! finally no changing game year after year. finally we can play 1 game

Robin Hood

Formerly Jermy
Feb 6, 2002
An island in the rain
Indeed I will be.

I can completely understand why so many people are so upset, it does seem a bit out of order, especially when it's got such a die hard online fan base, and if I was in a clan I'd probably be pissed too.

But for a casual gamer like myself I'm still going to have a blast for at least a week or so on the single player and then probably still have plenty of evenings of fun for weeks to come bashing around online however they've got it setup.

If a boycott actually works and 60,000 other people don't by the game then great, maybe the developers will add dedicated server support and all this other stuff, then I'll get to benefit it when it's added, but I'm not going to deprive myself of having a bit of fun in the meantime in the hope that the developers will change the setup.

F*ck it, for £25 I'll probably get at least 25 hours worth of fun out of it even if the online play isn't ideal. I just can't see it being a big enough issue for me to not buy in protest.