Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

MS Bitburg, 16-18 May 2014 - webcast, scores, chat....

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Could you explain that, as I don't really follow?
the sunday becomes a final 16, they take the top two teams from each group. Because SPL is only 24 teams this year, they're is only 6 groups so 12 teams will go through. This means that they need to bring through an extra 4 teams, which is where the wildcard comes in. A wild card is given to the top scoring third place teams. So the highest score (for example, right now Disruption are 1|+3, this means one win, and a point difference of +3 because of a 3:2 loss and win of 4:0) So by keeping a high point difference they put themselves in a good position to secure a wild card. Does this make sense? I'm a little hungover.

Reactions: frobinson

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
the sunday becomes a final 16, they take the top two teams from each group. Because SPL is only 24 teams this year, they're is only 6 groups so 12 teams will go through. This means that they need to bring through an extra 4 teams, which is where the wildcard comes in. A wild card is given to the top scoring third place teams. So the highest score (for example, right now Disruption are 1|+3, this means one win, and a point difference of +3 because of a 3:2 loss and win of 4:0) So by keeping a high point difference they put themselves in a good position to secure a wild card. Does this make sense? I'm a little hungover.
Got yah, cheers :)

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
Polar Bears just beat Nexus 3-2, and Commin at Ya beat Tigers 5-1