Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

mythbusters!

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Ok so WITHOUT running over to youtube and getting the answer there, there's a quandry that needs answering, so if you are interested, try to answer without the internet.

Question: if a empty lorry weighing 10,000kg has placed in it a small rc helicopter weighing in at 5kg, total weight 10,005kg. Now, if a skilled pilot were to make the chopper hover inside the trailor, what would the total weight then be and why?

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
I think that was the best thread ever to grace the forums. I'm gonna dig it out and Gold board it.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Assuming the helicopter is in a level hover, i.e. not going up and down. The thrust the helicopter produces to raise it off the ground and to stay in a steady hover would produce exactly the same weight as the item being lifted(slightly higher during initial raising).

Isaac Newton was a very clever man!

MeDiC

Dec 8, 2010
Total weight would be the same.

Your answer, my good sir is 10,005kgs. The downward thrust of the heli would be equal to it's own weight being imparted on the truck bed in a steady hover.

...It may be more depending on wether Tori has injured himself on the blades and falls inside the truck causing an explosion of r/c fuel...