Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

nail polish?

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Hi guys. I am getting bored of rollouts from my cocker pumps. I use an invert nightstick on my pump as I find it really deadens the sound. I have read about nail polish on the breach of the barrel, where abouts do I put some? How much do I use? And does it work?

Getting a new barrel or a kit is out of the question as I prefer to over bore my paint, its just the sodding rollouts and that dreaded dry fire when/if I get behind someone, are starting to be a pain figuratively and literally.
Any advice please guys greatly appreciated.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Three drops about quarter of an inch into the barrel in a triangle arrangement, let each drop dry before you rotate the barrel to do the next drop, I prefer to use insulation tape though, cut bits about 5 mm long, stick half on the outside of the barrel and fold the rest inside the barrel and press down, if you still get rollouts put more in.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
No problem, just so happens I was looking both methods up last night to sort a couple of my barrels out, reason I like the tape method is I usually have some insulation tape in my bag when I'm playing so if I need to remove our reapply it at a field its easy to do, whereas the nail polish takes a while to dry and I've heard you can squegie (sp) them out by accident.

Simon palmer

Jul 1, 2013
completely missed that bit of the thread lol. I have seen gaffer tape work really well if not using freak kit though.

Everyinchtheanimal

Feb 19, 2010
Just as an update to this thread. I have been using electrical tape on our site guns to prevent roll out with the customers paint, and it works a treat I have had to redo it every month but its so much more professional looking than looking a tw@t when customers keep complaining balls are falling out the barrel!

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
completely missed that bit of the thread lol. I have seen gaffer tape work really well if not using freak kit though.
If have thought not gaffer tape but electrical tape

Gaffer tape is tough tape, a bit like 'black nasty' but true gaffer tape is strong and tough but does not leave sticky residues. This is what you will find at gigs, film sets etc

Electrical tape is the thin vinyl

If you need gaffer tape then check your not trying to shoot .50" paint down a .68" barrel