Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Never mind Swine Flu, what about MP expense claims?

Jckk335_crazy

Always reads never posts
Mar 21, 2008
Durham in the North East
What annoys me the most about this whole scandel is the fact that if the country was not in soo much sh*t with the recession and the impending euro elections would we have found out about what MP's were doing.

Also what makes my blood boil is the excuses that they use for what they have done saying that it is not there fault and it is the system that is wrong and they were not advised correctly. Well from my understanding and proberley others these people are well educated and are put in a position of responsibilty and trust. With this they have just done the opposite and like Robbo said commited fraud and if us the humble people did this in our work places we would be shown the door and chances are that the police would be called and proberley arrested.

So what makes the polititions above the law?
Also who you vote for now when there is no trust in the three big parties?

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
What annoys me the most about this whole scandel is the fact that if the country was not in soo much sh*t with the recession and the impending euro elections would we have found out about what MP's were doing.

Also what makes my blood boil is the excuses that they use for what they have done saying that it is not there fault and it is the system that is wrong and they were not advised correctly. Well from my understanding and proberley others these people are well educated and are put in a position of responsibilty and trust. With this they have just done the opposite and like Robbo said commited fraud and if us the humble people did this in our work places we would be shown the door and chances are that the police would be called and proberley arrested.

So what makes the polititions above the law?
Also who you vote for now when there is no trust in the three big parties?

I was watching question time the other night and they quoted the exact rules regarding expenses, now the bit that jumps out at me is.
"only for items that are essential to fulfil your role as an MP"

...so you cannot make decisions regarding your constituency with out hanging baskets? or a clean moat!? WTF.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Claiming for an imaginary mortgage for 18 months is clear cut fraud.

Basik

Platinum Member
Jan 11, 2007
UK
"only for items that are essential to fulfil your role as an MP"

...so you cannot make decisions regarding your constituency with out
hanging baskets? or a clean moat!? WTF.
Surely the idea of a moat is for it to be as dirty as possible so no-one goes near it?

Good old Elliot Morley is my MP & even though I'm not of voting age and don't pay taxes just yet it still pisses me off - why did he claim on expenses for an accountant but then the accountant accidentally messed up his mortgage? If millions of other people can manage it, why can MPs, the majority of which had an Oxbridge education not manage to pay a certain amount of money?

The person that really pisses me off though is Jacqui Smith - she claimed 83p for a bath plug or something like that - If she had asked I would have given her the 83p!

The worrying thing is that it's been going on for years and we've only just found out about it, it could have gone on for several more years to come and we wouldn't have known about it.

In my opinion, Brown needs to call a general election.