The Home Of European Paintball

NXL violation?

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Originally posted by Mike Oxbig
Trauma is owned by a PSP Member.
I thought Rob Staudinger still owned Trauma. Did he sell the team or sign it over to a sponsor?

Jerry has NY
Renick has Chicago
Dave has LA
Adam and Bill have Philadelphia

Who's left? Richmond? Gino?

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
The split between PSP and NPPL is the best thing that's happened to paintball since Sup'air. Players, teams, and Sponsors, have a choice!

As you have said yourself, Robbo, in the past, the only place to go for the World's Best paintball competiton was the NPPL. The promoters had a monopoly on the highest quality competition. That's why last year we had the most harrowing paintball event in the US ever at Las Vegas followed by the biggest Chicago Open ever. Never mind that Renick did a great job; that was just lucky for everyone. Teams had no where else to go.

If you want to play little local, regional, or otherwise invisible events, sponsorship is a cruel joke. You have to play National (or in your case Pan-European, which is to say Millenium) Tournaments if you want to be an effective billboard for some paintball company to invest in you.

Now, players can get exposure in either PSP or NPPL, whichever puts on a better tournament. Whoever prevails (my money's on Chucky, one idea man trumps a commitee any day) the player win, at least this year.

Next year, when the ashes of X-ball are cooling and the NPPL Super Seven starts to slip a little, we'll have to go to whatever event is available, once more.

Oh well, revolutions are cyclical. And Evolutions are oval.

Gyroscope

Pastor of Muppets
Aug 11, 2002
Colorado
www.4q.cc
How does that relate? The contracts are a heavyhanded way for the XFL to avoid having to compete for the best players. It's a way to be a monopoly even when someone is there to compete.

Al Woods

GFH Trouble Maker
Jul 7, 2001
Your 30
www.gfh-hq.com
Shamu

I don't think Rob OWNS Trauma, he was brought on board later with Opie and co. to help Trauma become the AWESOME FORCE they are now. I could be wrong though, maybe he NOW owns Trauma, not sure. I know PB Central is Traumas home so whoever owns PB Central probably owns Trauma.

Is this the bit where someone tells me that Rob owns PB??

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
I always thought Rob was the captain and, I think, owns PB Central. So I assumed he owned Trauma. I could be wrong.

Maybe Mr. Headrock or Mr. Oxbig would care to elaborate? Wouldn't have anything to do with who Opie works for, would it? (that's just a shot in the dark) :D

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Originally posted by gyroscope

If you want to play little local, regional, or otherwise invisible events, sponsorship is a cruel joke. You have to play National (or in your case Pan-European, which is to say Millenium) Tournaments if you want to be an effective billboard for some paintball company to invest in you.
Why should paintball companies be the only ones sought for advertising investments? Aren't they paying out enough already as it is to put on events and sponsor existing teams? (And events for that matter, too.) Ridiculously so at that. It's a big drain on their budgets and profit margins for them already which in turn becomes a burden carried by the base of average consumer players in the form of high equipment prices which significantly impairs the growth of the sport rather than fostering it. Major paintball companies should therefore be the very last not the very first sources consulted for advertising. If they aren't being asked to fork out so much money for their teams to be able to afford events, they don't have to charge so much for their products to cover it. Team Maxim is the pioneer whose example must be carefully studied and followed. Doing so will over the long haul promotde growth of the sport by introducing more outside money and attention and lowering the cost to everyone at all levels.