Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pod Packs

SirJinks

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Jun 21, 2002
Southampton
Visit site
Whats a good size pod pack to get to cater for most scenarios (front / back play, woodland games)?
I'm thinking a Jacko 4 pod pack, but would something like 3 pod pack be better, using x-loops to make it 5 pod for games which need it.
Any advice out there would be much appreciated.

(NB I'd like advice on the size of pack, not make. Please dont reply telling me a need Redz etc :p )

Collier

Arsed?
Jan 2, 2002
Macclesfield
Visit site
Originally posted by Kieran - Thunder
Well I use a 3 + 2 jackopack to play front at Millenniums so I reacon if you're shifting around a bit go for a 4 pot jackopack with 3 x-loops and you should be sorted.
Yip the Jackopacks are superb I use a 4 pot myself but with the X-loops this can be extended to 7 pots or even 9 pots.

Paul
:D

Problem

Oct 5, 2001
Visit site
Type is up to you

You'll want to decide first on how you pull your tubes: do you prefer a side (horizontal) or vertical type? The types of tubes you prefer may affect your choice (JT speedpods and Allen SNApp pods need specific or custom harnesses).

As far as most versatile, funny you should ask as I pondered the same recently.

I looked at it in minimums: the minimum amount a backer in a 10 man regional game would need (about 7 - 9 140-rd pods) and the minimum a fronter needed in a 3 man local game (maybe 3 pods).

My suggestion is a 4 plus 3, with the 3 loops tucked away until needed. If you use the speedpods with extendors (170-rd pods), 3 + 2 would work, but you might consider asking Unique to build you a custom rig for that.

With all the boyfriend/girlfriends now playing, for those rare times when you're playing against an ex-lover, probably a 9-pod pack with a 2-pod football and 2 pods in cargo pockets. Not sure how much more you would need for the ex-lover's teammates.

Larry