Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Problems with a buyer seanfinnerty

B1G G

Jan 16, 2011
Hastings East Sussex
Hi just thought I'd share a few Pm's as I have had loads of problems with this buyer
I have edited it the best I can removing postal addresses etc

seanfinnerty
£250 papypal, send me PayPal

seanfinnerty

??????

B1G G
Just got in from work
Please send funds to
My PayPal info

Please pay fees or send as owed
And let me know your full address
Thanks
Graham
B1G G, Oct 29, 2012 ReportReply

seanfinnerty
Payment sent pal, can you send tomorrow to my mums work please.
Edited address
seanfinnerty, Oct 29, 2012 ReportReply

B1G G
Ha ha great mate I work at ????
I will try my best to get it out to you tomorrow mate I will let you know tracking number etc
Thanks
Graham
B1G G, Oct 29, 2012

seanfinnerty
okay pal cheers

B1G G
Just remembered who's it going to ie your mums name mate
G
B1G G, Oct 29, 2012

seanfinnerty
Mrs Maureen Finnerty

B1G G
Cheers
B1G G, Oct 30, 2012 ReportReply

B1G G
It's on it's way mate tracking number
Edit ??
Parcel force
Cheers
Mick

B1G G
O just to let you know fitted with a new battery and new one in box as well for ya mate
B1G G, Oct 30, 2012

Seanfinnerty
cheers pal, are you sure thats the right tracking code?
seanfinnerty, Oct 30, 2012 ReportReply

B1G G
It's parcel force got to po late afternoon so not sure if went today or in morning
Mate it's on 48hr del

seanfinnerty
okamate nice one
seanfinnerty, Oct 30, 2012 ReportReply

seanfinnerty
received today, nice one pal
sean
seanfinnerty, Nov 1, 2012 ReportReply

B1G G
Enjoy mate : )
B1G G, Nov 1, 2012 ReportReply

seanfinnerty
Hi graham, i went to use the Vanguard Creed today at Yorkshire Paintball Centre. When I geared up and put my air tank in, it seems the gun doesn't fire properly, its either an air leak or a dodgy gun. I had Players and Coaches from Manchester Firm look at it for at least an hour and they couldn't figure out what was wrong. You advertised the gun as fully working and in good condition, and it isn't.

I wish to return the gun, and receive full refund into my Paypal account. I hope we can resolve this between ourselves amicabley.
Thanks Sean
seanfinnerty, Sunday at 9:27 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Hi it was tested fully befor I sent it what's it doing mate
Have you played with any of the settings ??
What you mean not firing properly ??
Pm me your email address or mobile easier to talk
B1G G, Sunday at 9:30 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
I haven't played with any of the settings, all its doing is hissing. Like i said previously Players and Coaches from Manchester Firm had a look at it for over an hour, these people know more about the marker than i do. They couldn't see what was wrong with it, and suggested to return to Vanguard for repair, I wont be sending it to Vanguard though as i purchased it from you in good faith and advertised as good working order, which obviously it isn't.

Hope we can resolve this matter between ourselves, before taking it further.

Thanks Sean.
seanfinnerty, Sunday at 9:47 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Right for starters don't get ****ty with me
Yes return the marker to
Edited my address

Please be aware I will know if anything has been changed or played with as it was set up by a vanguard tek and all relavent serial numbers have been noted
Regards
Graham
B1G G, Sunday at 9:52 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
Okay thanks will send it tomorrow.
Cheers Sean.
seanfinnerty, Sunday at 9:59 PM ReportReply

B1G G
No probs
B1G G, Sunday at 10:00 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty

Tracking Number: ????

Wont be available to track until tomorrow mate
seanfinnerty, Monday at 5:56 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Hi mate you sure it was looked at at YPC ?
I've made a few inquires and nobody seems to know anything about it and they mentioned something very relevant about that day?
B1G G, Monday at 8:52 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
yeh , some guy with glasses quiete a big bloke had a look and keal
seanfinnerty, Monday at 9:40 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Keal what's that ?
Just strange a well known guy was at that event and just so happens he's a vanguard tek every one knows him at YPC
Ok will check it out on its return just a bit strange that's all
B1G G, Monday at 9:47 PM

seanfinnerty
mate i asked like 3 people to look at it? one guy had a look at it , and keal from macnchester firm did aswell. They say its a great gun but was trying to get it working for over an hr?
seanfinnerty, Monday at 9:55 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
have you received it?
seanfinnerty, Wednesday at 5:36 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Right I'm not happy the hpr adjuster is missing the USB charging cover is missing ripped off the shot count is 350+ more than when I sent it to you and it's got paint all in it ,the settings have been played with,I am going to test the marker in the next few days then get back to you
I am absolutely disgusted to what you have done to my sons pride and joy
I will contact you soon
Regards
Graham
B1G G, Wednesday at 7:23 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Lpr adjuster at the front of marker
B1G G, Wednesday at 7:34 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
i changed the settings to ramp and thats it? and i used the barrel ? and the gun doesnt work? all iv done is put my hopper on it put my air tank in and it didnt work? nothing else has been touched at all apart from the trigger when i tried to shoot it?
seanfinnerty, Wednesday at 8:51 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
and can you return the money into my account until you have looked at it and sent it back or whatever?
seanfinnerty, Wednesday at 8:52 PM ReportReply

B1G G
You have fired over 300 balls through it ,damaged it and adjusted the lpr as well as losing the lpr screw and USB cover
I have spoken to Keal I don't need to say any more do I ?
I will contact you soon

Regards
Graham

B1G G, Wednesday at 9:06 PM ReportReply
seanfinnerty
i havnt touched the lpr adjuster and okay
seanfinnerty, Wednesday at 9:19 PM ReportReply

seanfinnerty
all that happens when you shoot is the balls roll out of the end thats it? it sees tat air is inside the gun but doesnt seem to have enough air pressure behhind it? and i tried 3 different bottles just to make sure pal
cheers
seanfinnerty, Wednesday at 9:23 PM ReportReply

B1G G today
Right I am just waiting for the price for the parts I had to replace and the return of the marker
And I will contact you ASAP
Also the Allen keys are missing
Regards graham

Right remember Keal had a look at it apparently well this is what he said

Hey Buddy
I didn't look at this Creed at all mate, i was running the training day for the toxic lads, and a coupla new kids were down, one being this guy your on about, think hes called Shaun? :/, didnt have much to do with em, seemed pretty chavvy and he didn't seem to interested so i couldn't be arsed with em, First i knew that he had a creed and it wasn't working was at the end of the day when they'd packed everything up, tbh from what i know hes new to paintball and wouldn't think he knows too much about the gun, from what he told me he just vaguely said the balls wernt going far if i rember right, so I'm just presuming the velocity needed adjusting, if he'd have told one of us earlier on then wed have been able to get it sorted more than likely.

Whatever negative stuff hes been saying please don't relate that back to Madtoxic, hes only been to one training session and isn't part of Madtoxic, so don't want him giving the rest of the lads a bad name.

If you need any more info then just get back to me bud

Cheers

Keal

So this is we're we are at the moment
It's just so your all aware to BEWARE of this buyer
Thanks
Graham

Ps I have spoken to Dave Foot he suggested putting it on here

Last edited:

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Up to you two to resolve this.

Realistically he's got no comeback after buying a second hand marker off what amounts to a web based bring and buy. My instinct would be to fix marker, bill him for parts and release the marker when the bill is paid. Alternatively offer to ship it back and let him get it done himself.

Reactions: B1G G

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
I have replied to you PM with the prices i would charge to put your creed right.
Service £20
LPR adj £8
alan key set £12
USB tab £4
Return postage £20 special del.
72hour turn around

Price list for Vanguard parts
http://shop.vanguardpaintball.com/2-creed-spares-17-c.asp
£64 wowza, what did he do to it Graham!!

£64 is cheaper than most would be able to get it up and working in tip-top condition!

I would either.
As Dusty said send him the marker make him pay postage and then it's done.
Or
Take your money off for fixing it/postage and then send the rest of the money back.

Either way, hope you get it sorted.

B1G G

Jan 16, 2011
Hastings East Sussex
Ok latest Pm's

seanfinnerty
New
okay thanks graham, so are you sending me the marker back after repair, and can you also send a proof of testing and receipt of parts please.
thanks sean
seanfinnerty, Today at 1:00 PM ReportReply

B1G G
Message Count: 233
New
No I am deducting the parts etc and postage from your refund
As I am aware you are new to paintball and these markers are not for new players ,they take a lot of looking after and if you mess with settings you know nothing about you will mess the marker up as you did
You are lucky most on here would not give you the choice to return it and refund you as it is a buy at your own risk second hand site

Please see the talk to mods thread
We're i have posted our convasation on there

May I suggest you buy an etek 3 they are great starter markers and easy to maintain
It should be back with me Monday or Tuesday and we will go from there
Regards
Graham

I hope that is a fair reply

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
that's perfectly fair in my view. so are you going to hold on to the marker until he fits the bill for repairs and then send it back? its good that you are giving some advice but A. its his own fault if he buys a gun he can't maintain (its not your place to help him fix it) and B. as you said he buys things at his own risk, just as well you are being a bit nicer about it than most would :)

Reactions: B1G G

B1G G

Jan 16, 2011
Hastings East Sussex
Hi liam92
No I don't think he will be getting it back I will refund him less parts as I don't think he will pay for repairs
I'm not here to rip him off just get marker back to the working condition it was in when it was sent
Not a lot I can do about he scratch unless I get it anodised
I think I've been more than fair as I bought a marker with a problem and guy didn't want to know so cost me £25 to get it working etc

Reactions: Evil Rich