Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Project Natal Xbox!!

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Its the Eye toys better brother. It uses incredible technology however it will only be used by a slim portion of todays market. Huge numbers will flock to buy it because its 'shiny' however like the wii and Eye toy, you realise its fiddily and generally less fun when you are alone. with mates wen i was younger i played some of the Eye toy games and i imagine some other younger children would aswell. HOWEVER no real gamer wants to get up (Stand up) when they can just be pwning teh nubzorz with teh haxorz on a controller (or a keyboard, but i dont have a setup so.)

so dont be all like 'its a mockery and a gimmic of the eye toy' It uses far superior technology. and the eye toy sold thousands of units. think about microsofts position in todays world and then think of they will make regardless.. so Really from a marketing decision its a no brainer. and i know that in some situations it will be used however in most it will not.

PS this made me look really pro microsoft / Natal / Kinect.... i wont be buying one of these and never will. Controllers Control Forever...
It is not just about using it for games. For example, my girlfriend often uses my xbox to watch DVDs on but does not get on well with the standard controller. If we had connect then control can be done purely with intuitive hand gestures amd/or voice control. So for the less tech savvy it gives much easier access to the technology for simple DVD playback, using the Zune marketplace(online videos), video chatting, etc.

For games I agree you are not going to be getting people changing from a normal controller to Kinect for something like COD, but some of the developer ideas I have heard seem interesting. For example, think of Time Crisis without a pedal perhaps with a peripheral gun of some sort. Who knows what will be out after 12 months of developers getting used to the technology.