Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PS3: Fifa 2008 or Pro-Evolution 2008 ?

Kevy D

Retired, lol
Aug 6, 2007
Northern Quarter
The age-old comparison rears it's ugly head once more!

I can't frickin' decide which one to get for the PS3.
Not a massive footy fan in R/L but do like a good kick about and maybe the odd league on the consoles.

Has anyone got both? That would be helpful because I've read the online comparisons and NOBODY seems to be able to make their minds up on which is better.

Just to avoid one point.... the fact that one has licenses to use proper team/player names and one doesnt makes no difference to me.

So..... which is the better "all-rounder" ?

Ninja

Shooting for The Clan 09
Feb 27, 2007
that place near you
evo all the way mate, think fifa is to un realistic and just relys upon the big name franchise it has and the fact it has all the team names and things. Where as pro is all about content and realism

Thats my 2p anyway:)

mushk1n

The Guitar hero!
May 7, 2007
London
i got fifa 08 for ps3 and like ninja says, its not very realistic but it makes it easier to score lol, I'm not keen on uber realistic football games :)

graphics are really good though, so is the trick stick :D

mush

Mikey D

I suck
Sep 14, 2002
Birmingham
owned them both, kept Pro Evo, just infact been playing it online. Not as laggy as it was at first, doesnt look a smooth as fifa at times, but the gameplay is by far much better.

Score with a header on Fifa and you've achieved the hardest part of the game!!!

You score some fantastic goals on pro which you'd never see on fifa

Niall W

Platinum Member
Dec 13, 2007
Cambridgeshire / Swansea
had both.

personally i prefer fifa. its got the names etc which is a nice touch and i find the gameplay a lot easier as i find its easier to shoot and make moves.
pro evo is a lot more flowy, but - personally i feel - in a bad way it is harder to score good goals and i just find myself only scoring tap ins with a one on one with the keeper.

headers arent hard on fifa :p :confused:

thats my take on them, hope it helps :)