Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ps3 wiiiiii or xbox 360

flec

Mar 12, 2007
Blackpool
I have a 360, very happy, stuck at work at the mo and desperate for a wii, will wait a year for the ps3 when it crashes in price.

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
I know two other people who've got one of each, one prefers the 360, the other the PS3 so really, I think it comes down to personal choice. It's not like comparing two PC's where one will actually perform better than another. It's all a matter of opinion.
Personally, the online play for Resistance is swaying me towards my PS3, I'm finding myself on there rather than anything else. But that's just me. It's the first game to really impress me in a long time (having said that, the single player isn't mind blowingly original, but at least it took more than two hours to finish). But again, that's a personal thing, I don't care for single player games, I'm a social gamer, it's all about the multiplayer for me.
I also like being able to sit with a drink and a roomful of mates and play a game... that's where the PC suffers in my opinion.
So, horses for courses, I don't think any of the current crop of machines is 'best' but everyone will have a favourite. Just give them a chance, enjoy the one you've got and don't flame the rest. Don't like it, don't buy it.

nickgreenwood

will you lube my bolt ???
Feb 4, 2007
portsmouth
I have a 360, very happy, stuck at work at the mo and desperate for a wee, will wait a year for the ps3 when it crashes in price.
get up and got to the loo

any way i am geting a ps3 now on may the 8th see everyone on restnce . and i worked out how they do no lag . right everyone playing has the same machine. unlike people who have pc's can have deiffernt levels of cards . any else no how they do it

nickgreenwood

will you lube my bolt ???
Feb 4, 2007
portsmouth
Im still gettin a ps3 soon but im still not sure about blueray i mean didnt minidisk also have SONY`s backing??? im pretty damn sure it did and that went they way of the dodo pretty quick didnt it. not slating the ps3 at all im simply saying that the blueray is not a selling point for me
it did my dad bought a whole sound system that year when it came out used it twice since . but blue ray will go i no it

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Mini disk went because it was superceded by MP3.
There was no battle of formats between the two, minidisk came out, stuck around for a year or so then MP3 started to arrive.
MP3 was a better alternative to miniaturising music.
Minidisk was a superb format, better alternative to CD-R unfortunately it came along as CD's themselves started to decline.

The Blue-ray/HD argument is closer to the Beta/VHS situation. Two formats that do roughly the same thing both going for the same market.
I still think the fact that lots of people allready have blue-ray without having gone out to buy one specifically is a big plus.
If you want HD DVD you need to go out and buy a player, every PS3 owner has one by default.

If Betamax video recorders had come as standard with e.g. the atari vcs console back in the 80's I think that might have turned out differently too.
The format wars have always raged (laser disk, beta, minidisk etc...) But you've always had to 'make that choice'. I didn't, in fact, I'm not bothered about HD DVD/blue ray. I've never thought about it either way.... but I've already got a blue ray player.

And honestly, I think the whole argument is moot. Downloads have massacred CD's, I don't think it will be long before a similar system is in place for movies too. Illegal downloads are starting to become accessible to even the most basic PC with the current broadband bandwidths available. It won't be long before one of the major studios starts something akin to Itunes.
(I can already download movies from SKY to my PC).
How long before DVD players themselves are replaced in the same way that walkmans etc.. have been replaced by MP3 players?
It's pretty limited in the UK, but there are lots of legal download services in the US, TV programmes etc... and with media hub PC's etc.. I think that's where the whole DVD argument will really end up.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
I think the average consumer is not bothered about HDDVD or Bluray because they have DVD, i dont think its as important for the PS3 as DVD was for the ps2, no one really wants to go buy blueray over their normal DVDs, and i guess for the majority the PS3's will be sitting in bedrooms, and not under the living room TV, where the Main DVD player and soundsystem lives.

SteRoberts

Pugwash
Apr 1, 2004
Wolverhampton
Well of course YOURS is in the front room :)

Mine isnt ... its in my bedroom, i still live with rents.

Though most people i know its in their bedroom either because
a) Parents wont allow it in front room
b) Missus wont allow it in front room
c) Missus wont allow them to have a game console
d) Jose broke in and stole it to fund his coke habit

guess its all speculation without cold hard facts, you just go with what you know.