Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

PSP Mid Atlantic Open 2nd-4th May 2014

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I enjoyed the web cast. Watched at least 90% of it.

Agreed, the games were slow, but still enjoyed it as the coverage was top notch.

Loads of people moaning on FB about connection and login issues.

I can say now that I never had a single problem today. No lag, no drop outs....

Just for the record, the fee is approx £11 odd.

Cheap if you ask me....

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III
Agree with the cost... I am surprised there has been so much negativity. Also the quality of the feed has been very good

I also had no issues as I was able to logon via my iPhone and iPad (I had registered and preordered which may have helped). However after logging out to use a PC when I got home, the logon server issues were evident. Only when PBA removed the logon server requirement could I watch the stream again. It is odd that WordPress was being used to authenticate this and clearly the demand significantly exceeded supply!!! Overall I missed around 90 mins, which was annoying.

So I presume that you didn't log out of your device once in?

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh

5 hours ago · Edited
We apologize for the issues with the new webcast payment system today. We will be refunding any payments made for the MAO webcast to this point, and reverting to the payment system used for Dallas. Saturday and Sunday will be available separately at $9.95 for each day, with HD included. Please allow us a few days to process refunds as staff are focused on the MAO event for the next few days. The Friday matches will remain available on-demand.
[/URL]

I don't know why they didn't just use the original payment system. So now we all have to pay again if we want to watch it and await refunds... I've said from the start that I'm happy to pay for a service that's being provided, but this is just getting annoying now.

alexd

http://essexaces.co.uk
Feb 17, 2006
Essex
www.facebook.com
I don't know why they didn't just use the original payment system. So now we all have to pay again if we want to watch it and await refunds... I've said from the start that I'm happy to pay for a service that's being provided, but this is just getting annoying now.
Clearly they wanted to run things differently but experienced "minor issues" ;)

For Dallas I accidentally paid for the weekend and a day (trying to resolved a log on issue then!) I didnt request a refund and they did it without asking. So they will get it done... if it takes a few days is it so bad?

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
I enjoyed the web cast. Watched at least 90% of it.

Agreed, the games were slow, but still enjoyed it as the coverage was top notch.

Loads of people moaning on FB about connection and login issues.

I can say now that I never had a single problem today. No lag, no drop outs....

Just for the record, the fee is approx £11 odd.

Cheap if you ask me....

online via my uber funky Galaxy Note III

Oh no, don't get me wrong. I take absolutely nothing away from the webcast, it's a great value for money and a really good production value. Absolutely no bones about that.

Thing is, for me at least, it's not fun watching two teams sit down and shoot paint at a gap waiting for a move to be made. It's not like boxing where you can watch two guys slugging it out for 12 rounds and feel like you've got value for money. It needs explosive elements to be enjoyable and they need to be covered. But there doesn't seem to be much room for that on this field. I'm not flush enough with cash at the minute that £10 won't make a difference, unfortunately, or I'd buy the HD cast just to support it.
But for me, it's just not the type of paintball I would spend money to watch

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
Clearly they wanted to run things differently but experienced "minor issues" ;)

For Dallas I accidentally paid for the weekend and a day (trying to resolved a log on issue then!) I didnt request a refund and they did it without asking. So they will get it done... if it takes a few days is it so bad?
It's not "so bad" just a tad difficult when you're a poor student scraping the bottom of the barrel to be able to watch it :p

Reactions: alexd

frobinson

#14 Din Eidyn
Oct 25, 2011
Edinburgh
No, no, beans and energy drinks. Vital study essentials, that's it!

Back to the topic, anyone else surprised by how bad Art Chaos did? It's like they literally charged down the field even though every other team was playing it slow...
As it currently stands, I reckon Dynasty and Ironmen will go through (which would be annoying as I really want Aftershock to get into the finals) and I think Tampa will bring it back today, going through with Impact.