Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pump Markers

hkg_striker_force

Sep 28, 2008
Hi all!

new to the game and i have brought some awesome markers! but dont really no anything about pump markers, I know how they work, but do they shoot stright?

What caught my attention was the new Tippman pump thats coming out! i just wanna know what all the rage is? Plus i have never play pump before? As the new Tippman Pump looks tasty:D

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Shoot straight? They shoot as straight as any mass produced electronic marker on the market. What markers did you buy? The change you may notice with the shot difference between a standard electro and a good pump might be the consistency. They have comparatively fewer pressurized chambers so there's less room for difference of pressure shot to shot.

The new SL68 tippy looks good. The old style can be picked up second hand in the US for around £60 and the guys at MCB seem to think there will not be much difference. The major downer for me is the slip-fit barrels.

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I agree pumps can have better shot to shot consistency, which helps to make them more accurate than some semi's. The pump action makes it harder to keep your aim between shots, and and more difficult to shoot when prone. This forces you to pick your shots rather than empty a hopper in someones general direction.

I like pump play - it's a real challenge :D

hkg_striker_force

Sep 28, 2008
ah thanks for the info! i brought a DM9, LUXE, ANGELS, A5, MINI, Love them all really, but any how do you think the new tippman Pump marker would be a good marker to start off with to start playing pump or do youthink save the money and just play on semi?

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Oh, I thought you had bought a few pumps and wondered wether or not to upgrade. I would suggest you get a cheap nelson. Ion_paintball was selling some ex-site trracers in the large sales and auctions section. That way you can work out if you like pump or not without breaking your bank. (the other way would be to go to a pump day at holmbush and ask someone if you can borrow a pump to try before you commit)

If you are still itching to buy a new pump, I would recommend you order an azodin kaos pump. That type of pump is much easier to get into than a nelson/single tube if you have been playing semi.
If you have more money at your disposal, the CCM S6 or the new J2 would be the tastiest BNIB marker for you.

hkg_striker_force

Sep 28, 2008
cool thanks! but essentially its just a single shot marker right? everytime you **** it its ready to roll right? I have a Tiberus T9 like a rife type, for my scenario days, of course it doesnt have a big air tank on it but it houses a 12G Co2 cartridge with 8 shots, is that pretty much the same or is it totally different????

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Pump is just the action to recock the marker, think of it like a pump action shotgun,it can be pistol style or full marker style, e.g. e.g. the Azodin Kaos pump:

http://www.azodin.com/kp/default.asp

The T9 is a variation of the Tiberius 8 pistol. The T9 can be loaded by its 8 shot magazine or a hopper, or both and powered by the CO2 12 gram or air, but air would have to be on a remote line. Both T8 and T are semi automatic so you can ust keep pulling the trigger as long as you are loaded.

When people think of pump paintball they come to mind of the old style with either a tube loaded into the top or a small hopper, but could just as well be an autococker speedball marker with the front removed and replaced by a pump kit. Ironicaly the autococker design was taken from pump markers to make a semi automatic, and now people are converting them back to their roots.

Xonic e-trigger autococker:

Hooptie pump kit:

Made into an e-trigger pump marker with one of those new experimental secret invisible barrels:

Their has been a resurgence of pump play in the UK and a few bulk sales keep popping up - probably as the older sites see the popularity and get the box from the back of the stock room.

Your best bet is to ask a site that runs pump games if they have pumps to try or ask one of the players to try theirs.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Something been bothering me for a while, why sterlings get no mention on here, once the king of pumps and new ones start at £100 so why are people paying £150 for second-hand autococker conversions?

piercee100

Feb 16, 2009
I would say great product but terrible support, no advertising, nothing. Powerball charged me 25 pounds for a delivery of a marker and it was only 30 miles! I paid that to post my old computer + crt monitor to Scotland. If I had known I would have collected. Their were no tools, manual, or anything. Just a white box with the serial No. written in biro in the corner. Its was earlier this year and I kinda felt cheated. Even Spyder's come with a manual and nice packaging :)

If this company was serious they would do a little more- look at Tippman, not the greatest products but atleast they are 100% behind them!