Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Pump only walk on days?

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
Not as far as I know.. but I'll be more than happy for somone to prove me wrong

Holmbush ran a series of pump only monthly walkons during 2009/2010 season. They were really popular for a while with 25-30 players turning up at times, although the average was more like 15-20. Despite plugging the event like crazy here and on other forums, eventually support dwindled and Holmbush were forced to scrap pump only days. Ross and Neil were a bit gutted as they really enjoyed running these events.

We also had a one off pump day at Campaign in Surrey.. but nothing more came out of that one

Other than that I did play several 3 man X-ball tournaments last year at Ambush in Southmpton. Kitch kindly offered to piggy back a 3 man pump series on the back of regular Super5 games. Sadly support yet again dwindled after a few months. Teams repeatedly let us down.. saying they were going to enter pump squads only to be a 'no show' on the day. In the end we had to call it quits as there just wasn't enough players to make it worthwhile.

I love pump format games but haven't played the format for over a year now.. there's just nothing on offer :(

Last edited:

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
True.. but being the only pump surrounded by a field of uncapped semis soon becomes a bit of a joke

I don't mind a bit of a challenge but that isn't really my idea of fun

Last edited:

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
True gee tee, it can get a little hectic, nowt to stop you putting a fast semi in the bag and using that if the turn out is good at the walkon, I started doing it when our local walkon dropped attendances and sometimes there was only 4 of us turning up, when this happened we'd get mixed in with the normal customers, but then it sort of stuck and I tend to stick to the pump now.

WildWayz

The Moose God
Dec 19, 2004
Batley, Near Leeds
paintball.moose-shack.com
True.. but being the only pump surrounded by a field of uncapped semis soon becomes a bit of a joke

I don't mind a bit of a challenge but that isn't really my idea of fun
I hear you bud. Few months ago, I was at a walkon with my pump... was stuck behind a barricade with 3 EGOmaniacs ramping away at my area. No opportunity to get any shots in at them as they were just unloading pods upon pods at my barricade.
I knew they were getting closer, so rather than get mugged good and proper, I just went for it. Managed to get a 1-4-1 on one chap, but the other two lit me up good and proper.

However, at Staargate I will have all 3 markers out there... Demon, Creed and Empire Sniper :)

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
Got an autotrigger don't you? Nah it can get a bit heavy at times when the paints pounding in and your one of the last on your side, I normally just try snap shooting until I take one in the face in those circumstances.

raxable

Jun 14, 2011
farnborough
Just did a walk on at campaign in cobham at the weekend and for a laugh in the last 2 games we got our pumps out.
when the other people saw what we where doing they got theirs out as well, so ended up with about 9 pumps playing.

good fun and we held our own!

and the site are now talking about just doing a pump walk on day!

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
im up for a pump game down south, havent played it since holmbush ran them