Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ressurecting a 1992 Phantom

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The Phantom was by far the best pump I ever used; I had one for years before the Automag hit town, which for me, was like a seamless transition because it felt just like a semi Phantom.

I remember the hours I spent pi$S-a$sing around with those springs trying to find the optimum working ratio, which for me, was as elusive as the nine pound note.

But...if you get stuck, I can do it for ya but you gotta drop it off.

PS Andygoth knows what he's talking about !

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
Hmm that's a weird one, my anti kink kit kept the dialer. I hope my rough guide to the springs helps somewhat.

I replaced everything on one of my phantoms with the brand new internal design from CCI. If in doubt go to their website and email Mike Cassidy he is the phantom Guru having designed and made the thing. He's also very friendly and helpful.

Brasso is good for polishing rusty internals, especially the brasso wool.
Yes Andy, the spring guide does help i guess i just need a little more fettling and then a chrono.

This was a "generic" nelspot anti kink kit that wasn't produced by CCI, but i can't remember who produced it, but it came from my local store at the time which was Medway311? It basically comprised of a bag full of springs, a colour code chart to get your velocity up or down, a few different sized powerstems, and a new bolt without dialer.
Quite why they dropped the dialer is beyond me, but i did find that once set up, the system worked flawlessly day in day out.......now if only i had that chart:rolleyes:

Meguiars metal polish and a dremmel.........smooth and shiney:cool:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
But...if you get stuck, I can do it for ya but you gotta drop it off.
Thanks for the offer Pete, like you say, i just need to spend hours pi$$ing around with those springs:D

While your on Pete, i was reading on ahem:eek: "another forum" that Shlomo was a CCI dealer, you seem to know him, is he sound?

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
You could always just buy my phantom thats on the forums at the moment and save yourself the hassle :)

It's got a dialer bolt .... lol

P.S. its not the one in my tag picture, thats my original beauty and never going anywhere.

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
You could always just buy my phantom thats on the forums at the moment and save yourself the hassle :)

It's got a dialer bolt .... lol

P.S. its not the one in my tag picture, thats my original beauty and never going anywhere.
If i wasn't building my CCM cocker and didn't have so many other guns then i'd have it like a shot, it's a nice looking gun.
It looks like sponsorship commitments will have me buying into the dye range soon and one more marker that i won't use may just break "her indoors" back:p

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
That's why I'm getting rid of some of mine, currently have too many guns I just don't use, plus I have a sniper build project and 2 original bud orr autocockers to rebuild.
The only ones I actually use are the Phantom for fun stuff, XSV SL66 when i want to get serious and a TM-7 for woodballing. There are about 8 others kicking around the spare room :)

Gee Tee

1/2 man - 1/2 pogo stick
Mar 21, 2007
Dartford, UK
I used to run a No.4 power stem in the summer, and a No.6 in colder weather. The No.4 broke so I'me stuck with a pair of 6's now. Usual spring combo is green back (valve) and blue or red front. Thunderpig kit's usually had 4 front and back springs, Yellow, Green, Blue & Red. With Red being the hardest and Yellow the softest. The Jackal has a dialler which makes it easier to tune.

Shlomo

Gung Ho
Oct 16, 2007
Germany
www.gung-ho.de
Thanks for the offer Pete, like you say, i just need to spend hours pi$$ing around with those springs:D

While your on Pete, i was reading on ahem:eek: "another forum" that Shlomo was a CCI dealer, you seem to know him, is he sound?

Hey mate, sorry for catching up late. If you should still need anything, I will be glad to help you. Yes I'm a Phantom dealer. But in Germany and it might well be cheaper for you to order from CCI directly.