Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

SOPA & PIPA

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
Well I've left it a while to see if someone posts up about the SOPA and PIPA bills on here to see if people are aware of it.

You may well be aware of what SOPA and PIPA are but didnt feel the need to share it.

That here in lies the problem..
The message about the 2 bills that are trying to be forced through congress and the house of representatives is an important one, and I feel as a bit of a computer geek and techie it is my job to make everyone aware of the danger.

So what are SOPA & PIPA?
They stand for: Stop Online Piracy Act & Protection of Intellectual Property Act

2 acts which are funded and supported by Huge companies and corporations to try and censor the internet under the guise of an act to stop internet Piracy.

now a video I feel really explains the ins and outs of it all including the motives behind it is the following by the Youtube games reviewer TotalBiscuit. It's 20mins long so please take the time out to watch it and feel free to discuss here

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Thing is for me is, if I download a film, and I really really like it, then I'll buy it. Same but not so much with music. Why can I not try before I buy? You can with every other product.

Maybe the film companies should stop churning out so much sh*t? And if I have downloaded something, and it is sh*t, I always delete it.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
It's the business's that are trying to hang onto the old business model of CD's DVD's Blu Rays.
Look at where Virgin Megastore, Zavvi, Tower Records have gone... they failed to see that the internet would change the way in which we buy things and want things and as such have had to close down.
If you can go to a store and browse their entire catalogue, plug your phone/mp3 player in and pay via cash or card in a machine which then allows you to download straight to your device... you are onto a winner.
the same should go with Online stores like HMV... they should have a digital downloads section.
Whilst there are people who do prefer a hard copy of something, since when has it been in a company's interest to cater for the minority market?

Jlowe

Here let me wipe my balls off your face.
Jul 10, 2011
Staffordshire
I saw this thread and instantly thought someone would have posted this take some time to listen its kinda catchy :whistle:

Reactions: maca

SAMUEL.D.RYAN

one.man.band
Mar 17, 2007
Cambridge/Huntingdon
Thing is for me is, if I download a film, and I really really like it, then I'll buy it. Same but not so much with music. Why can I not try before I buy? You can with every other product.

Maybe the film companies should stop churning out so much sh*t? And if I have downloaded something, and it is sh*t, I always delete it.
Most products would allow you to try before you buy as long as you paid for the product before you took it away. Disliking the music that you have received is also, in some stores, enough to let you return the product. I don't think allowing free downloading of all music is a solution, I think it's just another extreme.