Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Swine Flu + Bird Flu = Lots of dead people

The Comedian

Feb 27, 2009
East of Eden
It appears that the UK government has been aware of an imminent flu pandemic for some years now.

So, they have been busy building new health centres around the country.

The attention of governments of the world is now focussed on Egypt, where the swine flu and bird flu strains are set to meet and mutate.

When they do, the resulting virus will kill at least 10% of the world's population.

My advice?

Book a long holiday to the North Pole. You might be safe there.

Bob

www.inlinewalking.com
Oct 12, 2005
Aberdeen
www.fatbobspaintball.co.uk
where the swine flu and bird flu strains are set to meet and mutate.
Pigs might fly flu?

It appears that the UK government has been aware of an imminent flu pandemic for some years now.
It aways happens though, there have been 3 or more major pandemics in the last 100 years. Its one of those inevitable things like global warming.

I'm glad to hear the government is doing something.

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
The attention of governments of the world is now focussed on Egypt, where the swine flu and bird flu strains are set to meet and mutate.
the virus has always had the avian flu in it....

The swine flu has 3 strains - human common flu, avian flu and the swine flu. Its already mixed for us ;)

the reason they are scared of the whole thing is because we dont have natural protection over the avian flu, that is why the media have been ''exagerating'' the facts. or so its been said. The vaccine also doesnt cover the avian flu, even when they do come out later this year.

Thats the whole issue, its not the swine strain, but the avian strain.

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
My microbiology lecturer predicted a flu epidemic just before swine flu errupted!
The man knows too much ¬_¬

I wonder what the swine flu 'pandemic' is killing per year compared to the yearly flu epidemic?

Tricky Dicky

Turks
May 9, 2008
Inverness
sorry edit: has 4 strains in it from the begging of this, whoever said to you its going to mutate in egypt are a bit behind ;)

It was also determined that the strain contained genes from four different flu viruses: North American swine influenza; North American avian influenza; human influenza; and two swine influenza viruses typically found in Asia and Europe. Further analysis showed that several of the proteins of the virus are most similar to strains that cause mild symptoms in humans