The Home Of European Paintball

Trracer/Maverick Questions

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Right

Since I'm going to be using my Maverick quite a bit, I've decided that I'm allowed to put a little bit of time and money into making it good and comfortable to use.
:p

So, aside from the barrel (Which I'm not going to change, I personally like the loudness of it - it strikes fear into the hearts of those who oppose me. Muahaha...), there are two things I'd like to address:

1: I'd like to bottomline it, which I understand means getting a new frame so it will actually stay on the damn thing. Does anyone know how much a .45 frame and bottomline kit will cost?

If it costs too much and/or is too difficult to obtain, I may just get a remote line and go from there, since I'm not willing to spend an inordinate amount on a £15 marker.

2: A rail.

If anyone knows if any kind of purchasable rail and screws will fit on it, I'll just head to my local air rifle store and pick one up from there. If, however, the positioning of the screwholes/curvature of the surface make this impossible, I'll ask if anyone has one going spare.

Which I will.

Does anyone have a maverick rail and screws going spare?

Any kind of information on either of these points will be much appreciated
:pop2:

Thanks

nhbc

Apr 8, 2004
stoke on trent
Visit site
Hi, if you want to bottom line it, see if you can scrounge one off something like an inferno. These sit inside the grip on the existing frame with a longer bolt replacing the stock one. Be careful how much you tighten it as it is plastic you're fixing into. A drop of studlock helps stop it coming loose in use. You'll need to get an adaptor to fit the donkey (air adaptor) on the rear where the bottle screws in but at least you can use the braided hose from the inferno.

http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/paulio13/P1020662.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/paulio13/P1020661.jpg
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu212/paulio13/P1020660.jpg

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
That's certainly a possibility, if an inferno pops up for cheap in the classifieds then I'll certainly give that a go
:D
I take it that you replace the entire grip with the inferno grip, and that the retaining screw runs the entire length and is tightened from the underneath of the new ASA? Also not too sure how I'd go about getting said adaptor, but I'll worry about that if I manage to get hold of one.

Thanks mate, that's awesome help. Certainly makes the prospect of a bottomline a bit more possible
:)

nhbc

Apr 8, 2004
stoke on trent
Visit site
The one I scrounged sits in the bottom of the existing grip so need no need to change anything, you just need a long allen key to tighten the both up inside the grip. Might be worth giving Powerball a call as on theit web site it looks like they do the adaptor you'd need too. :)

Andygoth

Phantoms are still cool
Apr 14, 2008
Stafford
Mike cassidy sells them for phantoms on the CCI website. the phantom m16 grip uses the same long bolt bottom line system but the phantom one has a metal insert that goes up the grip as well.

nhbc

Apr 8, 2004
stoke on trent
Visit site
Can you post a pic of your grip or just confirm its the same as the one in my photos? If it's the same as mine the phantom one won't fit as the grip has a plastic cross moulding to strengthen it. If it is an M16 style, Andy Goths right and a phantom one will fit. :)

nhbc

Apr 8, 2004
stoke on trent
Visit site
Forgot to say, if it is the same as mine I might be able to sort one out. I'm going to see a friend next week who may have some old infernos I can beg one from. I'll let you know if I have any luck. :D

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
Cheers mate! That's awesome!
:D
How much do you reckon it'll run? I'll put some aside for it, and of course cover postage.

Edit:: The grip on mine is different than the one you posted up, I'll just upload a pic.

nhbc

Apr 8, 2004
stoke on trent
Visit site
Yep, that's the M16 style so a phantom one would do it. What I'll and get is the grip conplete with the bottom line as well. If I can get one (no promises mind), it'll just be postage. ;)