Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vote for Trump?

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
So Donald Trump says he may run for President of the US.

He has been very outspoken against Obama (which is totally fine by me), and he actually seems to be gaining traction, especially with the right wing.

I had a long debate about this last night with a staunch republican, who seemed to think that this was a great idea (Trump as Pres). I have serious reservations - for starters, the guy has no direct political experience.

Anyone here want to make a case for Trump?

G

Gassy

Vote Palin or whatever they call that nutty chick,at least would represent the 99% of americans who don't know that the rest of the world even exists

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Thing is, he asks the right questionsm, the questions we all want asked, which I like.

yesterday he said (paraphrase)

WTF are we (the US) doing in Libya? You know who buys Libyan oil? The Chinese. Why don't the Chinese pay to attack Libya? The Arab nations are asking us to remove a middle eastern tyrant - they are the richest countries in the world - why don't they pay for his removal, why do the UK, France and the US have to take the guy out, and pay for the priviledge?

I thought that was a killer question, and the politicians had no suitable answer for him. They were like "what's th epoint of being a superpower if we aren't going to use our power for the good of the world?"

He's like, fine, we'll take him out, but why are we paying? The American tax payer is paying, so what do they get back?

On the other hand, he's been refused a lot of building permits, and owns huge contruction companies who could benefit greatly from a position of political power. It seems like a massive conflict of interests to me.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Vote Palin or whatever they call that nutty chick,at least would represent the 99% of americans who don't know that the rest of the world even exists
Unfortunatly she's now purely an object of ridicule. She wouldn't get a vote.

cowface

Team Rampage
Oct 9, 2001
northamptonshire
WTF are we (the US) doing in Libya? You know who buys Libyan oil? The Chinese. Why don't the Chinese pay to attack Libya? The Arab nations are asking us to remove a middle eastern tyrant - they are the richest countries in the world - why don't they pay for his removal, why do the UK, France and the US have to take the guy out, and pay for the priviledge?

I never seen it like that, but its very true.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I find the whole notion of American politics a farce not least because the candidates all seem so schooled and so disingenuous.
They are an insult to true poltiical representation.
Their presence in front of the camera is always an act, and in my mind it doesn't matter who gets in, they are all as corrupt and as incompetent as one another; and the reason I suggest this is because there is an enormous, somewhat immovable inertia surrounding the real things to be done such as the health-care problem.

The incestuous relationships between the insurance companies and medical professions is at least immoral and at worst corrupt; it serves no other purpose than to protect the financial interests of both parities .. people do not matter, money does in America ... it infects every single level of political activity you could think of.

And yet the feigned disgust when accused of such behaviour is sickening to witness; almost as sickeningly hypocritical as the words, 'In God we Trust' on their banknotes as millions of dollars are fed thru to corrupt regimes and corporations.
The good people of America are hogtied and to an extent brainwashed by their media, they live in a virtual world that is a construct of their media, Hollywood, their politics and lastly money ... there is little room for any moral consideration or humane political activism within government itself.
I am apolitical and look in from the outside and what I see is one big fuhk-off powder keg .... I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Soul Doubt

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
WTF are we (the US) doing in Libya? You know who buys Libyan oil? The Chinese. Why don't the Chinese pay to attack Libya?
I tell ya what they are doing there Missy, how long do you think that nation will be selling oil to China after the Yanks have gone in. I don't think it will be China's interests that will be looked after when the new regime takes over .. to think any different is surely political naivity.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I find the whole notion of American politics a farce not least because the candidates all seem so schooled and so disingenuous.
They are an insult to true poltiical representation.
Their presence in front of the camera is always an act, and in my mind it doesn't matter who gets in, they are all as corrupt and as incompetent as one another; and the reason I suggest this is because there is an enormous, somewhat immovable inertia surrounding the real things to be done such as the health-care problem.

The incestuous relationships between the insurance companies and medical professions is at least immoral and at worst corrupt; it serves no other purpose than to protect the financial interests of both parities .. people do not matter, money does in America ... it infects every single level of political activity you could think of.

And yet the feigned disgust when accused of such behaviour is sickening to witness; almost as sickeningly hypocritical as the words, 'In God we Trust' on their banknotes as millions of dollars are fed thru to corrupt regimes and corporations.
The good people of America are hogtied and to an extent brainwashed by their media, they live in a virtual world that is a construct of their media, Hollywood, their politics and lastly money ... there is little room for any moral consideration or humane political activism within government itself.
I am apolitical and look in from the outside and what I see is one big ***-off powder keg .... I hope I'm wrong.
It is indeed a cess-pit of poorly-disguised self-interest. Trump is being touted as the businessman the US needs to right things financially at home. He will no doubt scrap the heath-care plan immediately, because he will be funded by the republicans, who are funded by the pharmaceutical & oil companies. I think the guy has a big mouth, and that is his biggest weakness/area of liability. He can be blunt and offensive, has been bankrupt more than once, married god-knows how many times, and the way he handled that Rosanne Barr thing was class-less.

having said that, do you think his 'straight-talk approach would be better than the bull**** people already put up with from the established politicians?