Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Vote for Trump?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Missy, I'm not giving you anything but my honest opinion and feelings upon the subject, you call it a 'cop-out', I call it 'staying true to myself.
I apologise my opinions weren't framed as eruditely as you may have wished but once again, I stated what I felt to be true .. you use the metaphor of a choice of food to illustrate your points, well here's mine; I go into a restaurant and I'm offered a turd on one plate and a bowl of vomit on another .. I am then asked, which dish would I like to eat.
I most certainly do not 'cop out' in refusing either dish, I merely exercise my right to choose what I put into my mouth and in this case nothing is entirely preferable than something.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Missy, I'm not giving you anything but my honest opinion and feelings upon the subject, you call it a 'cop-out', I call it 'staying true to myself.
I apologise my opinions weren't framed as eruditely as you may have wished but once again, I stated what I felt to be true .. you use the metaphor of a choice of food to illustrate your points, well here's mine; I go into a restaurant and I'm offered a turd on one plate and a bowl of vomit on another .. I am then asked, which dish would I like to eat.
I most certainly do not 'cop out' in refusing either dish, I merely exercise my right to choose what I put into my mouth and in this case nothing is entirely preferable than something.
ooh, good one!
In that case, the question becomes, what plate of nastiness do you think the other patrons of said restuarant, who will have no choice but to deal with the 'fall-out' of their meals, should be safer ordering? Because if they don't choose, the choice is made for them.
Obviously in the case of your own metaphor, I would answer 'vomit', as it hasn't actually been in someones actual ass yet.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
ooh, good one!
In that case, the question becomes, what plate of nastiness do you think the other patrons of said restaurant, who will have no choice but to deal with the 'fall-out' of their meals, should be safer ordering? Because if they don't choose, the choice is made for them.
Obviously in the case of your own metaphor, I would answer 'vomit', as it hasn't actually been in someones actual ass yet.

:) Oh my, only you could author a post where the subject of eating someone's vomit was preferable because the other option came outa someone's ass .. however, the question you pose is predicated upon the notion of me worrying about other people's choices here.

I know full well they will choose one or the other and so the default you offer up, in that someone makes the decision for them isn't really credible .... and even if it were, it is still academic because the people who WOULD make the decision are always gonna be one of the two parties people had the choice of voting for anyway thus rendering the whole idea of a democratic process redundant.
My case is rested m'lord !

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
:) Oh my, only you could author a post where the subject of eating someone's vomit was preferable because the other option came outa someone's ass .. however, the question you pose is predicated upon the notion of me worrying about other people's choices here.

I know full well they will choose one or the other and so the default you offer up, in that someone makes the decision for them isn't really credible .... and even if it were, it is still academic because the people who WOULD make the decision are always gonna be one of the two parties people had the choice of voting for anyway thus rendering the whole idea of a democratic process redundant.
My case is rested m'lord !
I see you won't be pressed. I was hoping you, or someone with a better grasp of US politics that I, could provide some larger calibre ammunition for tonights discussion.

DJForbes

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2009
petitions.number10.gov.uk
Trump is a nice guy. hes a realistic person who knows what can and can't be done. he is a sucsesfull business person. ( the problem we have in the Uk is exactly this no business people in politics). could he do any worse than any of the prevous presidents ? i doubt it.

not to mention if he wins this new bypass and gold course in Aberdeen would get built quicker

if i was American id vote him.

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
My question, worded more clearly, is:
Can a proven, yet ruthless businessman, with Trumps profile, history and reputation, do a better job of steering the US through their crisis years, as president, than a trained politician, and what do you feel the challenges would be in this scenario, should it come to pass?

BTW. This is Brain-Box.
Being singular of purpose, yes he may well do a better job of steering the "US" through the current crisis years - domestically (US Foreign Policy has a domestic impact).

Whether this is for the good of the World or longer term US economic prospects is a different matter/thread entirely.